• 0 Votes - 0 Average
some rrealated to me pulled over!
11-10-2009, 08:11 AM
some rrealated to me pulled over!
dis is funny
dateline= Wrote:Cars bank up in highway 'crawl'
BY ANDREW THOMSON
30/09/2009 5:00:00 AM
AN elderly Warrnambool woman involved in an extremely slow police chase has had her driver’s licence cancelled.
Nadja Savin, 73, of Morriss Road, did not appear in Warrnambool Magistrates Court but pleaded guilty to failing to stop when directed by police.

The charge was proven and dismissed and her driver’s licence was cancelled for one day.

Savin will not be able to get her driver’s licence back until she satisfies VicRoads.

The court heard that at 10.20am on May 22 this year Savin was driving west along the Princes Highway at Dennington about 40kmh with her hazard lights on and a number of cars banked up behind her.

Police twice unsuccessfully attempted to pull over Savin and a pursuit was initiated.

Officers pulled alongside Savin, who ignored them and eventually pulled in front of the driver so she had to stop about 300 metres east of the Killarney 80kmh road sign.

The highway was blocked to all traffic.

Police officers then approached Savin and asked her to wind down her window, but she refused.

Savin then reversed her car, passed the police vehicle on the left-hand side and continued driving to Port Fairy.

Police left their emergency lights operating and followed Savin who eventually parked near the Port Fairy Post Office before going to the newsagentcy. Police officers asked her to produce her driver’s licence but she initially refused.

When asked by police why she didn’t stop, Savin said she had more important things to do, police were crooks and she didn’t believe they were wearing real uniforms.

Ironically Savin’s only other involvement with police has been for speeding.

Defence counsel John Perry said it was contrary to his client’s well-being to be in court and she suffered mental health issues.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Re: some rrealated to me pulled over!
LoL  I heard this story somewhere else before, haha.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
i cant belive she was realated too me!  Big Grin

11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I`ve heard it on the news I think....
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
here a better 1!  {lol}

dateline= Wrote:No time to stop, I'm in a rush
Brendan Roberts From: Herald Sun October 01, 2009 12:00AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
A FEISTY pensioner who led police on a go-slow pursuit on country roads said she had refused to stop because she feared she would miss a doctor's appointment.

Nadja Savin, 73, of Warrnambool, this week pleaded guilty to failing to stop when directed by police.

The Warrnambool Magistrates' Court heard Ms Savin was driving about 40km/h along the Princes Highway in Dennington, near Warrnambool, on May 22 with her hazard lights on and a stream of angry motorists trailing behind her.

The speed limit in the areais 80km/h.

A police officer tried twice to pull Ms Savin over but she refused to yield, forcing the officer to turn on the emergency lights and give pursuit for several kilometres.

But Ms Savin claims she was simply driving cautiously and using her hazard lights to warn other motorists to keep a safe distance.

"It's the law of the land in Australia to have three car lengths between cars, so when they (other motorists) got close I put the hazard lights on to get them to keep their distance," Ms Savin said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"They kept beeping me but I wouldn't budge.

"I was going 40km/h because at first it was through a school zone, when it became 70km/h or 80km/h I kept going at 40km/h or below because you never know where children may be."

At one stage during the pursuit an officer persuaded Ms Savin to pull over to the side of the road, but the frail pensioner refused to wind down the window. Instead, she pointed to Port Fairy, her intended destination, and kept driving.

Ms Savin said she couldn't afford to stay and chat with the officer, as she was running late for a podiatry appointment.

"I was heading for an appointment with my podiatrist and I intended to keep it, my toe was very, very sore," she said.

"I knew if I was late I would miss it . . . I wasn't being difficult. I pointed to Port Fairy and told them I'd speak to them when I arrived."

Ms Savin then reversed her car past the police vehicle and continued on her way to her appointment.

"I made my appointment in the end, but when I came out they had put a clamp on my wheel and they were not very happy," she said.

A charge of failing to stop when directed by police was proved in Warrnambool Magistrates' court and dismissed, but her licence was suspended until she passes a VicRoads exam.