Xbox 360
Wii
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox 360 Or Wii?
13-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Xbox 360 Or Wii?
Okay, so my Xbox broke.    It costs WAY to much to fix, and I am out of warranty.  So I basically have a choice between a New Xbox 360, and a Wii.    With the Xbox, I have spare cords, games, controllers, and stuff like that.  With Wii, I wiill have nothing.  I have played the Wii at a friends house, and it was a lot of fun!  But I'm not sure if it would hold my interest like an Xbox would.  I have talked to people who have 360's and Wii's, and they say The Wii got old.  I wonder if I, being an Xbox 360 Veteran, would feel the same way after a while.  I am tied equally between the two.  I have this question posted in several places, but I want your opinion!

Wii:        Pros: Fun, New, Interactive, Party Console
            Cons:  May get boring for an Xbox Veteran

Xbox 360:        Pros: Experience, great online experience, holds attention.
                    Cons:  Played before.  May break again,  not much for multiplayer.

Vote, and please post why you voted!
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Re: Xbox 360 Or Wii?
We have a Wii.
Its great for family stuff and parties.
But can be boring after a while.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
13-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Honestly, when you say "true gamer" that makes me think addicted to halo 3.

My answer would be if you play as long as I think you do, don't even bother with another 360. If you go for high graphics, and hate the old-school games you really won't like Wii. I suggest Wii for the sake that, it would be something new and, if you know the right games and places, a very fun experience.

You would need a wireless router to play Wii though.

EDIT: Just to explain, many of the Wii games do not need other players. Especially the ones that you would like (such as No More Heroes, Alone In The Dark, The Conduit)

An answer to my Question at Yahoo

Im not sure if he entirely gets me.  He tries, I like that.    I do play Halo 3 alot, but I want Wii FOR the classics.  I want Wii for the Nintendo goodness Tongue

He also says that there are games you can play alone, which I agree with.  The one I choose is more likely the  one that I will get in a few months time.  The Wii is more expencive than the Xbox.  The Xbox will take $120 to fix, and Wii Starter Pack is like $250    I might be able to scrape and save enough to fix the Xbox after a while, but not the Wii. 

So far, the vote is 5 for Wii, and 3 for 360.    I am going to run all my polls for a week, and see the final outcome.
13-10-2009, 03:10 AM
What it's really going to come down to is what type of games you're going to be playing.

For games that are First Person Shooters (FPS), the 360 is definitely a better system.  The games on the 360 however are geared more heavily towards adults and young teens, where the games on the Wii are more family Friendly (such is the way Nintendo wanted it and have been forever, it's what I grew up).  The games on the Wii are definitely better for multi-player games and has a lot of really neat features (Wii Fit channel, Pokeranch, Mii's, a weather channel and News updates - which might not be a big deal to young people like you, but we find it entertaining lololol) and you can download classic games like Act Raiser, SimCity, Secret of Mana, Mario Brothers 3, Ninja Gaiden, StarFox and Mario 64, and countless others.  Not to mention new original games like Home Star Runner.  I actually know very little about the 360 - I use it mainly as a DVD player x3  My fiance playes it the most.

I myself am a huge fan of the Wii.  My fiance is equal to the, both - he's the one who says the 360 is better if you're looking to play a lot of FPS games.  The only reason he tends to play the 360 more is because it's in the bedroom, the Wii is in the living room; and he doesn't like being in the same room as my mother if he doesn't have to be, LOL.

So, I'm not voting on this one - Just giving you some other opinions/facts on the two systems Smile

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
13-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Wii
Wii
Wii
Wii
Wii
Wii

Get? lol

Gte the Wii
13-10-2009, 01:03 PM
(13-10-2009 03:10 AM)MAJIÇK ♥ link Wrote:What it's really going to come down to is what type of games you're going to be playing.

For games that are First Person Shooters (FPS), the 360 is definitely a better system.  The games on the 360 however are geared more heavily towards adults and young teens, where the games on the Wii are more family Friendly (such is the way Nintendo wanted it and have been forever, it's what I grew up).  The games on the Wii are definitely better for multi-player games and has a lot of really neat features (Wii Fit channel, Pokeranch, Mii's, a weather channel and News updates - which might not be a big deal to young people like you, but we find it entertaining lololol) and you can download classic games like Act Raiser, SimCity, Secret of Mana, Mario Brothers 3, Ninja Gaiden, StarFox and Mario 64, and countless others.  Not to mention new original games like Home Star Runner.  I actually know very little about the 360 - I use it mainly as a DVD player x3  My fiance playes it the most.

I myself am a huge fan of the Wii.  My fiance is equal to the, both - he's the one who says the 360 is better if you're looking to play a lot of FPS games.  The only reason he tends to play the 360 more is because it's in the bedroom, the Wii is in the living room; and he doesn't like being in the same room as my mother if he doesn't have to be, LOL.

So, I'm not voting on this one - Just giving you some other opinions/facts on the two systems Smile
Im going to count that for Wii XD
If you could, could you get Sean to post his opinion Tongue
13-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Like others have said, it depends on what you want it for. But in my opinion it boils down to;

Solo/Online gaming - 360
Party Gaming with Friends - Wii

I have both and I never play the Wii when I'm on my own, only when we have friends round.

The best choice though, would be a PS3 {yes}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
14-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Ive never been a fan of the Play Station.  I had the original, and it kept overheating.  Even though the new ones are probably better, I choose not to try them XD

I still ahve no idea.    With the Xbox, I have games, controllers, and everything else.  Not with the Wii.  So if I get a new Xbox, I could have enough money saved because I wouldnt have to buy controllers.    But the Wii is a lot of fun.    And there are games COMING OUT that are going to better for solo.    So I THINK I might choose a new Xbox, but I am still not sure.....
14-10-2009, 01:25 AM
XBOX!

I bought a Wii the summer of 06 and got bored after about 7 or 8 months, I bought an xbox about 15 months ago and LOVE IT! Also PS3 is trash to me...I sold it for an xbox XD

Wii-
Pros:Family fun, Interactive, and cheap
Cons: Controllers are "Off",Graphics aren't too great,
Cool games: Smash Bro's, Godfather (The wii is really great with this game),and classic games,

Xbox-
Pros:Funner games, and better/easier Online play
Cons:Known to mess up alot...
Cool games: Left 4 dead, Halo 3, Katamari, Dead or alive, and Gears of war.

PS3-
Pros:Internet (Although you need internet at the house   {glare}), and you can watch movies.
Cons:Messes up alot, all the games that are fun you can already get on other systems,boring online and family fun
Cool games:Hmm...

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
14-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Thanks!    I only had problems this once with the Xbox.  But I do want a Wii.  I think I might wait til next year to get a Wii, when there are more games and such