Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signatures And You
26-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Signatures And You
Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood Jen here with an important message.

It's become apparent that members are having a harder and harder time keeping their Signatures under control.  That they 'never heard of any rule' or 'just don't understand' ... so I am here to help clear it up for you!!!

When you are new, you are usually asked to pay a visit to the SimsForums.net Rules & Guidelines thread which lays out the forums ground rules.  These rules remain unchanged since the start of SimsForums itself (with a small tweak made back in March of '08) - so there simply is no way for us lie about these things.

Within these rules is the one about your Signatures and how they must be of reasonable size.  Don't believe me?  Well, let's take a look, shall we?

(19-03-2008 04:14 PM)Mr Admin link Wrote:[*] Signatures must be of a reasonable size. - A guideline maximum is 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. Wider signatures will prevent the forum from displaying correctly on smaller screens. Taller signatures can make topics much longer and hard to follow.

Well, would ya look at that!  It's right there in plain ol' English - 500 x 150 is the maximum size - not minimum or suggested - Maximum.

Another issue that's been brought to attention are members disrespecting the Mods when we contact you - be it to ask that you change your signature's image to the rule-stated maximum size or any other reason.

... really?  Do we have to go here?  Apparently we do.  Though some Mods are around more than others - that does not mean they do not deserve the same love and respect you show to those who are around more often.  Remember, we're people too and have lives outside of SimsForums and sometimes we need to take breaks and live those lives!  If a Mod contacts you and asks you to do something, please, do not argue with us.  We are just doing our jobs, as Mods, and will continue to do our jobs — with a much unwanted 1-3 day ban if you do not follow these rules.

SimsForums is all about having fun, getting along and sharing our common love for The Sims - be it 1, 2 or 3!  But, if members chose to disrepect the Mods or the Forum's rules, actions will be taken.  Those of you who consider yourselves, or whom we consider 'regulars' does not make you immune to the rules or our actions.  In fact, as 'regulars' we expect you to be the most aware of the rules and follow them.  And to be a good example for other members - new, old and/or returning.

Wow, this took longer than I expected!  However, these are issues that I felt needed to be addressed.  If you have any questions at all you are always welcome to contact any of SimsForums wonderful and dedicated Mods - we are always here for you!

- Majick

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
26-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Re: Signatures And You
I second everything Jen has said. If you have a problem with the rules, bring it up in the feedback thread. If you just reply to a PM complaining about the rules, it doesn't get anything done.

Also, I want to add that these 1-3 day ban periods were agreed upon by the team as a whole. It wasn't one moderator who decided you should be banned for not following the rules.

If you have problems with this, feel free to bring it up with anyone of the mods, including myself.

Thanks,
Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
Thread Closed