Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VERY weird graphical glitch in Sims 3.
15-11-2009, 08:54 PM
VERY weird graphical glitch in Sims 3.
Hey guys,

I've been having a very strange graphical glitch show up whenever I first load a neighborhood or create a new game in Sims 3. 

Allow me to illustrate:

[Image: simsx.th.png]

This happens regardless of graphic detail settings.  And the above is set on mostly high and maximum detail settings.  My computer is plenty fast enough to run the game:

E8500 @ 3.6 Ghz
PNY 9600GT 512MB
8GB of DDR2-1000 RAM
520w Corsair PSU

I recently switched to the PNY card from an ATI Visiontek HD4870 (don't ask why I downgraded, long story).  I had also experienced this very same problem with the 4870 BUT MANAGED TO FIX IT but tweaking graphic detail settings in Catalyst Control Center.  I've tried tweaking the nVidia control center ... to no avail.

Anyone have an idea as to what I should do to remedy the problem?  If it's any help I have dozens of added clothing, hair, and other custom contents from sites in the proper folders. 

Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Re: VERY weird graphical glitch in Sims 3.
Have you tried removing the custom content and seeing how it reacts? I won't think that it'd effect it, since its a graphics problem, but with sims 3 custom content, anything can be an issue.

Also, have you tried updating your drivers?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Re: VERY weird graphical glitch in Sims 3.
This is a problem with the latest patch. An awful lot of Simmers have had this problem. I had to reinstall and start over which I was devestated about as I'd been working on a sim for weeks getting skills and lifetime points. Anyhow, if you use the 'save as' instead of the other save options while in town view, you shouldn't get that problem. As for rectifying it now that is has happened, I don't know what to suggest other than to re install  {blink}