Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mods not working for World Adventures.
20-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Mods not working for World Adventures.
My game installed perfectly fine (aside from having to click run). After installing it takes FOREVER to load almost 20 minutes to get from the first loading screen to the screen that you pic your family. I deleted my family (I wanted to start over) it took another 10 minutes to load the town in order to select create-a-sim mode. {cursing}

After clicking create-a-sim mode another 15 minute wait happened and then it took forever to load hair, eyes, eyebrows etc. After making the sim and picking a house I move in go into buy mode and bam it freezes when I try to go back to live mode. {evilglare}

I had to ctrl, alt, delete to get out of the game. I uninstalled, then reinstalled nothing helped. I deleted cc and it loaded perfectly. Any idea how to get it to load with mods and cc. I refuse to play without. Ok, that's a lie. Any help?! {yes}

I tried the moving of folders, resource files and d3dx9_31.dll file into the WA folders. This did nothing. The game is playable but I really want my Mods. I only have hair, clothes, and objects no hacks or cheats. I've tried everything and I'm ready to give up. my sims3package files that you install work but the regular package files do not. Someone please help!! {waaa}
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Re: Mods not working for World Adventures.
Did you originally install with your mods folder installed? (This is just out of curiosity).

Anyways, I did what you have done except mine works (but I prefer to play without CC at the moment). Inside your WA folder, you should place everything that had to do with CC inside, just like what you did with the Sims 3. You can also try moving it back to the original Sims 3 folder. I've heard that it worked for some people.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
20-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I did install with the Mods folder still in its original place, I uninstalled and reinstalled again but i moved the mods folder first.  I moved the folder back to the original place still nothing.
21-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Ah yeah, that's the problem. Because your mods caused incompatibility, therefore your game didn't install correctly. Have you tried completely reinstalling The Sims 3?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]