Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! The patch won't show in my launcher!!
22-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Help! The patch won't show in my launcher!!
Will somebody please tell me what I have to do to have the patch, a patch, any patch, show on my game launcher. Ever since I bought the game I had no internet connection to my game launcher so when I open it up it says "web page cannot be displayed". It never stopped me from playing the sims3 so I ignored that. I went ahead and got the WA through direct download but I can't install the game with out updates, HELP! please... been on the phone all weekend with EA and no one can tell me why... They even emailed the patch to me but I still can't install... {cursing} I uninstalled the game, the download manager, still nothing... losing my mind over here...
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Re: Help! The patch won't show in my launcher!!
If your computer has no internet access, then you need to install the patch by downloading it directly. Here's the site where you can find all the patches. Just transfer it over to the computer that has TS3, via flashdrive or CD and install it.

Click Here

It looks like that site will have any patches that you may need. It should also have instructions on how to install the patch, since I have no clue. Just be sure you get the right version. Check on your launcher to see what version of the game you are updating from and get that patch accordingly.

Oh, and I can't stress this enough. If you have any mods of any kind (Anything that you've installed through Program Files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3) be sure to COMPLETELY remove it from your game by putting it on your desktop or somewhere that isn't anywhere in the game files. The game WILL break if you leave it in. If you have any EA content, or anything that installed via launcher, you don't have to worry about that stuff.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
22-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks but Ea already sent me that link too. I have internet access, I'm using it now. I think there is a problem with my launcher. Thanks for your tip..
23-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Is the EA download manager installed?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]