Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ENDING SIMS 2?? STUPID IDEA??
03-12-2009, 08:08 AM
ENDING SIMS 2?? STUPID IDEA??
When I heard Sims 3 was being released, a shiver went down my spine.

Because of course I knew it meant no more EP's for Sims 2 a version which I am very happy with and frankly don't really feel the need to change.

It's like when Microsoft forced Vista onto us. It was crap but they couldn't care less.

Does EA possibly conceive anywhere in their minds that some people are happy with 2 and don't want to change. But of course at the end of the day, it's all about the dollar sign. Because if they make EP's only for 3 then what has to happen first. You got it right. Everybody had to by a copy. YAY!!

I can understand the 1 - 2 transition. Huge leap. But comon, I hardly see a difference at all. Just new faces. I actually prefer the more cartoon like faces. It adds to the charm.

I'm not even going to go into the problems I see people are already having with it due to performance. Apparently it's pretty sliggish. As Vista was. See even more similarities.

Just curious how many of you out there have similar views on this.

James
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: ENDING SIMS 2?? STUPID IDEA??
If they kept with TS2, people would become bored and they'd want something new. It's just how it is.

But do you own TS3 by any chance? There is quite a bit of difference in terms of game play with opportunities, seamless neighborhood, in WA there's "Quests". Not to mention the traits system, the skill system, a lot is different with the game.

And yes, performance is one of the main issues with it. But that's also because of the changed requirements.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
12-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I've played Sims 2 alot lately. I started anew and play in Beladonna Cove. I love Sims 2, becuase there are so much more to do than in Sims 3 when I have all the expansions, and I like how the sims look.

I do have Sims 3, but haven't played it since I installed WA. Just tried France once, but it was boring.. and I'm waiting for the new patches.

I think EA should make another super realistic Sims game, that contains more adult stuff and interactions. The sims would look like real people, and if a sim chose the police career he or she would have to fight criminals, and a sim in a factory career would work with machines, and babysitters with children. You must be over 18 to play it and have a good gaming computer, but it would be loved by many new grown-up players!

So there could be the family friendly Sims and the adult Sims.  Smile
20-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I miss The Sims 2. Everytime I try to come back to playing it.. I just never play it. :|
I DO love playing The Sims 2 though. (: I haven't been playing The Sims 3 either, I was just
finding some cc for my sims. (: