Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the sims 2 annoying glitch! help? :(
05-12-2009, 01:44 AM
the sims 2 annoying glitch! help? :(
There's a small glitch in my Sims 2 Double Deluxe (ex: I click a couch where I want my sim to go, and then the thing pops up and right BEFORE I try to click on "sit", it quickly disappears) and I've tried reinstalling the game and that didn't work. I even tried 'system restore' in my computer and then installed the game again, but that didn't work either! I don't know what to do! can someone help me?! Sad

PLEASE?!
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Re: the sims 2 annoying glitch! help? :(
It's called a jumping bug. Try removing your Downloads folder (like put it on your desktop) and play without it and see if you get any errors. If you don't, then you have an incompatible mod.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-12-2009, 01:58 AM
I've tried that. Heck, I even deleted my Downloads folder, but the jumping bug is still there.Sad
05-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Have you patched your game?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
patched? what does that mean?
05-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Never mind actually. I was wondering if you've updated your game, but apparently there's no patch for the version that you have.

Okay, after doing a quick search I found this at The Sims Zone:

"Maxis's official workaround as on their site is to basically export and then reimport the lot, a move which will also sever all links with other Sims in your neighbourhood."

05-12-2009, 02:34 AM
I just read that The Sims 2 Double Deluxe already has a patch.

dateline= Wrote:"Maxis's official workaround as on their site is to basically export and then reimport the lot, a move which will also sever all links with other Sims in your neighbourhood."

Um, I don't get it. ???
05-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Basically, try moving your sims in and out of the house.

05-12-2009, 03:01 AM
I don't think that would help. It's happening to every Sim family in Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville. Are you sure it's the jumping bug? Because these sims are not really jumping, the problem is that I can't make them do anything because when this pops up http://i45.tinypic.com/rml35v.jpg, it just quickly disappears before I choose anything. It's really frustrating.
05-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Oooh, then no, it isn't the jump bug. Read this then: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thes...pid=914811 and see if it helps

EDIT: This might help as well: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessag...c=42652420