Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CONTEST: Holiday Family Snapshot
16-12-2009, 10:14 PM
CONTEST: Holiday Family Snapshot
Your Judges for This Contest Will Be [removed], Alisha, Brad, and Myself. This MAY Change

The holidays is (generally) the time where family comes together and enjoys everyone's company. Whether its opening up presents by the tree, enjoying a nice hot cocca by the fireplace, families are always doing something around the holidays.

It is your job to take a picture of a sim family of your choice doing something that is holiday related. It doesn't have to be Christmas either, it could be any holiday of your choosing. Heck, if you want to do it grinch style (aka no holiday things, just a family doing something together), its fine with me, especially since TS3 can't really do much *holiday*ish stuff due to limitations.

Categories to be Judged on:

You will be graded out of 4 categories:

Creativity
How creative were you taking the fact that there's not much holiday things to use?

Originality
Was yours different? Did yours stand out?

Technicality
Did your picture look professional or unprofessional with plumb bobs and speech bubbles? Did you mind the walls?

Overall Effort
Did you at least try?

Each category is worth 10 points, and you'll receive a score out of 40 from each of the judges. With 4 judges, you'll receive a cumulative score out of 160 points. Whoever has the most points win.

Prize:

TBA.
(meaning if any of the judges have time around this holiday season to make something, or be willing to making something that the winner wants, please come forward Smile)

Deadline:

Due to midterms/finals week for people this week, and Christmas is next week, I'm making the deadline Sunday, December 27th, 2009 at 11:59pm PST. Since everyone seems to live in different time zones, here's everyone's deadline times so you don't have to think about it:
(24 Hour Time is in parenthesis)

HAWAII: Sunday, December 27th, 2009 at 9:59pm (21:59)
ALASKA: Sunday, December 27th, 2009 at 10:59pm (22:59)
PACIFIC COAST: Sunday, December 27th, 2009 at 11:59pm (23:25)
MOUNTAIN TIME: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 12:59am (00:59)
CENTRAL TIME: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 1:59am (01:59)
EASTERN TIME: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 2:59am (02:59)
ATLANTIC TIME ZONE: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 3:59am (03:59)
NEWFOUNDLAND TIME: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 4:59am (04:59)
GMT/UTC: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 7:59am (07:59)
EGYPT: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 9:59am (09:59)
AUSTRIALIA: Somewhere between Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 3:59pm to 5:59pm (15:59 - 17:59)
NEW ZEALAND: Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 7:59pm (19:59)

...as for everyone else, if I missed a time zone, let me know and I'll add it xD There's so many that I just tried to get the bulk of them xD (I also lost steam at Australia. XD So if anyone from Australia wants a specific time zone listed, let me know lol). Also if I got any WRONG, tell me.

Rules:

1. Can be anywhere, in any neighborhood.
2. You MAY photoshop if you know how, but only to change brightness/contast and add borders and things. However, you don't HAVE to.
3. Only ONE snapshot of a family.
4. The family can be a premade or your own.
5. Use as much or as little CC as you feel like.
6. Have Fun!

When you are ready to submit your screenshot, just post it below. Really, you all might be gawking at how everyone will see everyone else's submissions, but it'll be soo much easier to judge without having to send a PM to everyone.

Because I am asking everyone to post their submissions in plain sight, I will tell you all this. If you are thinking about joining, but then see someone's "amazing" pictures and you think you can't top it so you won't join - join anyways. Just because you think someone else's is amazing doesn't mean that it will win. You never know, YOUR picture might be the winner. So don't let someone else's submissions stop you from joining. If you want, DON'T look at the thread except for this post until you are ready to submit your picture.

If you have any questions, ask below or PM me.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Re: CONTEST: Holiday Family Snapshot
I dont take bribes Tongue

Unless they are really good!  Nah, JK XD
31-12-2009, 06:19 AM
-Deadline is being Extended. Feel free to post any entries until I figure out until I figure out how long-

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
01-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Man I'd totally enter this but having no competition is kinda lame. Maybe it could be extended to a holiday picture in general, seeing as Christmas has passed and nobody entered..? Just throwing a suggestion innn.

By the way, I know I'm not a judge but I'd be happy to make the winner something of their choice... ^~^
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Please post anyway! Maybe if you post other people will be encouraged to do so Smile