Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Newbie
25-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Sims 3 Newbie
I'm finding it hard to get into the game as a newbie to it.
Can you give me any helpful hints to try and get used to the game - like what to try, where to start.
Inspire me simming community Big Grin

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Re: Sims 3 Newbie
Definitely play the tutorial and try to play an easy family.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
26-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Just me and my boyfriend in the family atm, working my way through the tutorial.
I'm enjoying it haha Smile

26-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't have a big family too too early. Tongue
My first family had twins by luck, and then I had them get the fertility treatment and they ended up with twins. Five kids leaves you with no time to explore, and I was left trying to raise these kids, and as I was a new player I had to quit the family in he end. With practice I'm much better at handling the kids now, haha. I really do believe there is a fertility thing going on in TS3, you may notice it as the months go by. But some Sims tend to be more fertile than others and get pregnant easily and pop out twins and triplets naturally [though triplets so far has only happened with me once unfortunately, they're rare in my game], while I've noticed a few of my Sims wont get pregnant at all. No matter how many times I try. So, yeah. Anyway. {rolleyes}

I'm not sure what advice I can give you tbh, I'm trying to think back to June... the best thing to do is just take it slow at first and just get used to the town and how family life is different in TS3 [sometimes for the worse I have to admit]. There's so many things you can do that I haven't even seen yet and I've been playing for 7 months now. Once you've got used to TS3 just try and explore the game a bit more. You should try and take note of a Sims' wants and have them fulfilled because they make the game more interesting. Even wants as simple as 'Go to the art gallery' are worth it. If you start ignoring those kinds of wishes, you'll notice you're having them spend too much time at home [and they'll get moodlets because they've been inside too long and need to get out].

As well as wishes, definitely have a go at all the opportunities you get. I love the Ghost opportunity. When a Sim in your family passes, eventually you should get an opportunity to go to the Science lab and 'restore' them. But it always go wrong, and you'll have a ghost in your family who you can have babies with and all that [sure you know this because it was a popular topic before the game came out]. Really handy if you have a couple and the husband or wife dies, if you get them back as a ghost you can get back to having offspring again, some may be human and some may be ghosts, it's 50/50.

But there's so much to do in this game and there's not really any tips for new players that I can think of. Just get used to the game first, then explore and try to fulfill wishes and opportunities when you can to make it more fun and get the most out of the game. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
26-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the advice.
I have a chance of having twins in real so that'd be interesting if the game senses that haha Tongue
I love the ghost idea!
I'm trying to get used to the wishes and rewards? Not sure if thats rewards or not - its interesting in the least Smile
I'm loading the game now Smile

26-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Haha, I'm the same [having the twin gene irl] and was vying for my Simself to have twins, but she didn't. Tongue That was a while ago though, might give it another go soon. {rolleyes}

You mean the lifetime rewards? Yeah, they're handy. I tend to go for the cheaper ones like complimentary entertainment and attractive, because I rarely achieve lifetime wishes and don't usually have the points for the big ones. There is a cheat for reward points, though I forget it now. Tongue

Let us know how it goes and what you get up to. Smile

28-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi,

I started playing the Sims after being given Sims 2 - Castaway last year.  I loved it and was really excited about Sims 3 coming out.  I now have the EP and am enjoying that a lot.  I wish I had taken my time more when I first started the game.  I was a bit impatient about speeding through tasks, so in the end, I ended up speeding through some of the funny little animations.

I had to really push myself to give more negative traits to my sims as I tended to stick to ones that I would like to have or ones I sas was good.  However, some of the more negative ones make the sims fun to play.

Enjoy it - the game is fun!  {yes}

Px
28-12-2009, 08:45 PM
(28-12-2009 08:03 PM)PollySim link Wrote:Hi,

I started playing the Sims after being given Sims 2 - Castaway last year.  I loved it and was really excited about Sims 3 coming out.  I now have the EP and am enjoying that a lot.  I wish I had taken my time more when I first started the game.  I was a bit impatient about speeding through tasks, so in the end, I ended up speeding through some of the funny little animations.

I had to really push myself to give more negative traits to my sims as I tended to stick to ones that I would like to have or ones I sas was good.  However, some of the more negative ones make the sims fun to play.

Enjoy it - the game is fun!  {yes}

Px

I was the same, I was in a rush too see everything too quickly. Tongue
=]
And yes, nice to welcome you to the TS3 side of Simming aswell now Nichola. Haha. Big Grin
See it's not as bad as some people say. xP
It's not the most amazing thing, but I've definitely warmed to it a lot more over time.