Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Little Strange
28-12-2009, 02:37 AM
A Little Strange
I made two Sims in CAS who were brother and sister [Joel and Kaya Harmony]. They also had a mother but not sure if that's relevent.

So anyway, I had Joel marry one of my Sims already in the neighbourhood. His sister Kaya passed away after drowning.

You can see the family tree here [looking at Joel's family tree, hovering over Kaya's icon]S;

[img width=600 height=450]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/xBethany456x/PERV.jpg[/img]

So anyway. While I was playing the family and Joel and his wife Coral were raising their kids, Joel, being a 'Good' Sim, had a wish to Congratulate a Sim called Kaya on her marriage, who looked EXACTLY like his dead sister Kaya. So of course I was like wut.

I went to the Edit Town set-up and found the household where Kaya lived. Her second name was Harmony. She was the exact replica of Joel's sister - the same name, the same looks, hair, everything except the clothing.

But this version of Kaya, which the game had sent to the neighbourhood itself, was married to Joel! A replica of Joel albeit, but still. And the mother had been taken out of the equation so that the pair could be a couple.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/xBethany456x/MERV.jpg[/img]

I just found that a bit odd that the game would replicate two Sims I made brother and sister in CAS and have them be a couple. Tongue

Anyone else get weird things happening in their game? I seem to get a lot.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Re: A Little Strange
There are literally no teenage males in one of my neighbourhoods. Does that count?

[Image: i5bT.gif]
[Image: Cbce.gif]
[Image: uq97.gif]
[Image: MPEl.gif]
[Image: h8Qr.gif]
[Image: I8Jh.gif]
[Image: DmK0.gif]
<br />TV Tropes will ruin your life and vocabulary
28-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow, thats interesting Tongue

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
28-12-2009, 04:40 PM
LMAO. That's quite strange. Hasn't happened to me yet XD

Coming Soon...
28-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Here's another random fact. On the first picture of the family tree. The girl with the blue shirt is actually a little boy. I decided to make him a transvestite from a young age. He has the hair, the makeup, the clothes - the works. XD
When he grows into a teenager my fun shall be over. I don't have any downloads that allow teenage boys to be trannies. Sad

28-12-2009, 05:25 PM
ROFLLLLLLLLLLL. Sounds like a laugh. The family I've been playing for the last few days had a daughter, and when she was a child, I turned her into a complete tomboy, I thought it was funny. Then when she grew into a teenager, I made her a girly girl, with the long hair, pink dresses and everything. Now she lives across the street on her own.

Question; I really should search, but I can't be bothered; She moved out as a nobody, no job, no boyfriend etc. Now the game has generated a boyfriend for her - Will the game also marry them and make them have kids? Cuz like...I want that to happen. LMAO.

Coming Soon...
28-12-2009, 06:35 PM
It probably will lol

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
28-12-2009, 09:31 PM
(28-12-2009 05:25 PM)вαđ яøмαи¢e link Wrote:ROFLLLLLLLLLLL. Sounds like a laugh. The family I've been playing for the last few days had a daughter, and when she was a child, I turned her into a complete tomboy, I thought it was funny. Then when she grew into a teenager, I made her a girly girl, with the long hair, pink dresses and everything. Now she lives across the street on her own.

Question; I really should search, but I can't be bothered; She moved out as a nobody, no job, no boyfriend etc. Now the game has generated a boyfriend for her - Will the game also marry them and make them have kids? Cuz like...I want that to happen. LMAO.

Yes it will indeed. =]
It didn't use to until the later patches/WA. I think they've impoved it. See I used Awesomemod until WA came out [it wont work with WA for me atm], and I relied on that to make sure that story progression would work because EA's story progression was something of a disaster.
But since I've not had Awesomemod but I've had WA installed, the offspring still go off and find love interests and spouses on their own anyway [I've been doing a legacy and I've been checking the family tree repeatedly to find that the tree has grown, haha].

And usually they will have kids but not always.

Also, the game can also decide what gender your Sim prefers. I had one of my Sims move out, and I checked the family tree about 10 Sim days later to find he was dating a guy. I'd never had time to give him any relationships prior to moving him out so he didn't already have a gender preference. xD

28-12-2009, 09:33 PM
(28-12-2009 09:31 PM)Sie link Wrote:[quote author=вαđ яøмαи¢e link=topic=7804.msg296661#msg296661 date=1262017559]
ROFLLLLLLLLLLL. Sounds like a laugh. The family I've been playing for the last few days had a daughter, and when she was a child, I turned her into a complete tomboy, I thought it was funny. Then when she grew into a teenager, I made her a girly girl, with the long hair, pink dresses and everything. Now she lives across the street on her own.

Yes it will indeed. =]
It didn't use to until the later patches/WA. I think they've impoved it. See I used Awesomemod until WA came out [it wont work with WA for me atm], and I relied on that to make sure that story progression would work because EA's story progression was something of a disaster.
But since I've not had Awesomemod but I've had WA installed, the offspring still go off and find love interests and spouses on their own anyway [I've been doing a legacy and I've been checking the family tree repeatedly to find that the tree has grown, haha].

And usually they will have kids but not always.

Also, the game can also decide what gender your Sim prefers. I had one of my Sims move out, and I checked the family tree about 10 Sim days later to find he was dating a guy. I'd never had time to give him any relationships prior to moving him out so he didn't already have a gender preference. xD

[/quote]

Oh wow, that's cool. I knew there was a big problem with the Story Progression, but because I haven't played it since June...I just didn't keep up to date with any news on Patches etc... XD Thanks!

Coming Soon...
28-12-2009, 09:52 PM
NP. Smile Becareful with the patches if you're going to update. They can cause more problems than good..
If you haven't installed any of the new patches yet I would keep away and just see if the story progression works with just WA installed, I think it should since I haven't updated my own patches in at least 2 months since everytime I do, my game either starts crashing or just gets whacked up. See I'm not entirely sure where the improved SP came from, the patches or WA, but I'm almost certain it's WA.

I'm guessing you're trying to get back into Simming again then? Tongue
Good, we need more frequent players, this section is too dead and it's a bloomin' SIMS forum. {rolleyes}