Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Debate of the Week!
29-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Re: Debate of the Week!
I agree with you Anna. If I were a woman I don't think I'd want to have to do it, but the option should always be there.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I posted a question on Y!A about abortion once and I got yelled at, LOL.
Like they think even if you get raped you should have to give birth. That's even worse IMO. Having to look at the child and remember where they came from.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
29-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm glad that you guys started but I want to wait for everyone else to vote on what debate to start in...
like in the weekend, we vote for the following debate...
that way, everyone gets a chance to vote for the one they want the most Smile
29-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Ok Tongue
I just felt like stating my views XD

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
29-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Sorry Steven lol

[center]
29-12-2009, 07:47 AM
its okay!
but we're just brainstorming here! Tongue
29-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Hiiiiii guys,

Going to give my thoughts now. Debates are a very touchy subject. Some people may be upset by them, depending on what the debate is about. As everyone else has stated, you may get slated for a specific topic, and of course, we don't want this to happen.

If you do happen to go ahead with it, you have to understand that the thread(s) will have to be heavily moderated, just in case things do happen to get out of hand. And of course, with a debate, this is likely to happen, as the passion for the subject does come through in everyones posts. At the moment, Bat, Jen and Bambi are all busy with life, and once I go back to school, I too will become busy, and if events are repeated from last year, I may have to temporarily leave due to my exams in February and again in May. So I hope you understand that you will have to try your best to stick to the rules, and not let the topic get out of hand, and if you can see it turning that way, just report it, avoid replying, and wait for a moderator to become available to tidy it up.

With that said, there are some official rules of the forums that you will have to follow in these debates;

dateline= Wrote:No flaming - Antagonistic, slanderous, racist, or sexist comments will not be tolerated.

It may be best if you do PM a Moderator before you go ahead and post the debate, but you may have to wait a while, for reasons stated above. Plus we don't exactly know how everyone will react to it, which is why it will have to be heavily moderated.

I've basically just given it from a Moderator's point of view, but then, most of the work does lie on us to make sure that you don't become out of control.

Hope you understand Wink

Coming Soon...
29-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I sometimes can't comprehend why people get so 'afraid' to just come out and talk about issues that sometimes can be serious. Just because we have different views on certain topics, so what? We know each other, we all know we're good people and we don't intend any conflict or argument. You can have a debate where you have two or more cotrasting opinions being thrown together, doesn't mean we have to fire up at each other if we're just civilized about the other's opinion.
If we were all civilized and took people's views with respect, there'd never have been a war, and they would not be one going on right now. Can't we just debate/discuss without biting each other's heads off? I think we should at least have a try...

That said, taking Mike's post into consideration, I wouldn't want anyone being intentionally vile about anything personal like race or something, so if that starts happening...

So we're starting off with pro-life or pro-choice?

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
29-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I couldn't agree more. We're all mature people here (Well most of us anyway)

IDK if we were going to debate abortions... that was just Anna and me discussing why we're for it really.

[center]
29-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Well of course, like I said earlier, we will have to pm a Mod and make sure that what you are debating is the right thing with a good cause and effect. I wouldn't get out of hand. If we don't like someone's opinions or don't like the idea. Just skip it, no need to write back. So, are we doing it or no?