Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Debate of the Week!
29-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Re: Debate of the Week!
Well I'm pro-choice. Tongue

I actually has this discussion with a guy friend not so long ago.

He seemed so incredulous that I was pro-choice. He's a guy though. Boys never have to think about it. They don't have to choose whether to kill off a life inside them, so obviously they're going to be lenient toward pro-life. Well they say that. Then they get a girl pregnant and totally switch views. {rolleyes}  
Well it's not like it's an easy decision to decide between them.
I've never had to make that decision for myself and I hope I never have to, because that kind of responsibility on my hands I wouldn't be able to handle.

If a person gets pregnant for whatever reason, they should have an option to abort the child if they wish. Some people just are not in the circumstances to raise a child. If you have no money and nobody in the world to help you raise a child... it's an impossible feat for some people [although suffice to say, my mother somehow managed it, though she's more strong-willed than others].

Although I only believe in an abortion at a very early stage. Letting a child grow so much that it does somehow resemble a life form, I dunno, that's just kind of wrong.

Getting an abortion is hard, it's not easy to agree with, even if you're the one getting the abortion doesn't mean you have to be thrilled with the idea of it. Anyone who was, I'd consider them strange.

Put yourself into a situation, if you were pregnant [guys can just pretend their girlfriends were pregnant]. What would you do? Be realistic though. You'll have to drop so many life plans. You'll have next to no free time, you'll probably have to drop full-time education for a while, you wont be financially secure unless you come from a well-off family. Do you want a child to grow up with these kinds of obstacles? Sure, you can give them up for adoption, but that's not exactly a nice way for anyone to grow up either. People want to know where they come from and that they're loved.

When I have a child I want it to be born into a secure family that has the resources and money it's going to need. I've had experience of being born into unhealthy environments. I mean, my first home was a freaking bedsit with my mum and some gay men. Not the greatest environment to first live, probably. And we've never had that much money, and I'm sure if there's others on here who don't have much money, it's not always fun. I don't want my kid to grow up with no dad and no money either. So if I got pregnant before I was ready, I'd want the option. Not saying I WOULD get rid of it. It'd take so much thought. But you should have the option open.

And on random note, I actually have an abortion mod in my TS3 game because I have risky WooHoo, and I'll say it's very convenient... :]

----

Phew, that was a long opinion. But I like to get my thoughts out, you know I'm not lacking in that area. Tongue
Yay for Cassie's epic posting again. ^__^
Haha.
I don't even know if we're meant to be discussing this, but I did it anyway. Sorry. {rolleyes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2009, 10:59 PM
wow that was a lot! You can write a book!
yeah, umm, I want women to have a choice wether to abort or not. It depends on their situation as well. If they cannot handle a baby, then they must abort before it reaches further development in the womb. Also, they need to learn from their mistakes. Do not do the same mistake again and being stupid thinking that your boyfriend will be there forever... You have to think smart and think before you act. That is my opinion.

so, we're going to talk about Abortion? We should or I should start a New Thread saying: Abortion (Yes or No?) with a poll. What do you think?
29-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Well. I am trying to write a book. So thanks! Tongue

Yes, you can do that if you want. But if you can, put DotW: Abortion (Yes or No?) if that's okay, just so we'll always know when it's a debate discussion? :]

29-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I'd read it. If my gf got pregnant, I'd tell her that whatever she wants I'd stand by her and support her the best I can. I'm pro choice.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
29-12-2009, 11:38 PM
When I'm closer to completion, hopefully in about 4-6 months, I'll post it up chapter by chapter. xD
You can be my testers to make sure it's 'worthy' or publication. xP

That's what all the guys say. But instead of JUST leaving it to her, which is fair, what would you WANT her to do?

30-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Sorry to randomly pop in, but I really like this idea. Bring on the debating. By the way, I have an idea for a less serious topic than the ones already mentioned: Anime, just cartoons or something different?

[center]I sparkle liek Edwort Collin lololololo123abc (insider with Anna =D)
31-12-2009, 05:30 AM
So, what should we debate next week?

my ideas would be
-fur/animals killings for fashion
-global warming
-paying bills (j/k lol)

IDK what else...
31-12-2009, 05:46 AM
My only concern about these weekly debates isn't how our members will react; keep in mind we have people watching us.  The mares nest is a prime example of how someone can take what we say, twist it around and throw it back at us.  This in turn can attract trolls who will sign up, post horrible and rude, if not even threatening posts at you.

Chose your topics wisely, state your opinions clearly, and be tolerant of each other.  We all come from different back grounds, we all have our own beliefs;  No one is right and no one is wrong, opinions are not and never will be fact no matter how strong you feel about your own, so please remember this and I think we'll be okay.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
31-12-2009, 05:48 AM
(31-12-2009 05:46 AM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:My only concern about these weekly debates isn't how our members will react; keep in mind we have people watching us.  The mares nest is a prime example of how someone can take what we say, twist it around and throw it back at us.  This in turn can attract trolls who will sign up, post horrible and rude, if not even threatening posts at you.

Chose your topics wisely, state your opinions clearly, and be tolerant of each other.  We all come from different back grounds, we all have our own beliefs;  No one is right and no one is wrong, opinions are not and never will be fact no matter how strong you feel about your own, so please remember this and I think we'll be okay.

this is very true... That's what I was afraid before I started this idea on the forum, but I think positive that we are mature
maybe, if it helps we can move it to the Regulars Board?
31-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Yes, I think that would be a wise idea.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie