I agree with abortion 33.33% 4 33.33%
I somewhat agree with abortion (indifferent) 50.00% 6 50.00%
I don\'t agree with abortion 16.67% 2 16.67%
Total 12 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Debate of the Week: Abortion (Yes or No?)
30-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Re: Debate of the Week: Abortion (Yes or No?)
I'm pro-choice. I had a pregnancy scare a while back (like every month Wink no i'm kidding) and I had to think about my options. I couldn't be a mother at 17 with my studies but if I was pregnant and went through with it it'd hit me hard and probably effect me for a while. So I agree with it but I just don't like it. At all.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
30-12-2009, 12:36 AM
(30-12-2009 12:35 AM)Nichola link Wrote:I'm pro-choice. I had a pregnancy scare a while back (like every month Wink no i'm kidding) and I had to think about my options. I couldn't be a mother at 17 with my studies but if I was pregnant and went through with it it'd hit me hard and probably effect me for a while. So I agree with it but I just don't like it. At all.

Exactly what I think.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
30-12-2009, 12:48 AM
A woman should be allowed to do what she wants with her body. Sometimes she doesn't want a baby. I'm sure people might say, in response to that, "Then why didn't she use birth control?" Sometimes the birth control fails. But if the mother girl and the father were just being stupid and decided not to use birth control or protection of any kind, then you might say, "The mother should have to give birth to the baby because she and the father were being irresponsible." The thing about that is, first of all, if they have the kid and keep it, the mother and father might not be able to afford it or the kid will not be raised very well. Think of teenage mothers... I'd say a great majority of them are not mature enough to handle a baby (no offense to ALL young people, I am a young person myself) and teenagers usually can't afford the expenses a newborn baby brings in. Another possibility is that the kid will end up being put up for adoption. Who knows what kind of family the kid could end up with then. There are bad people in this world. Speaking of bad people... what if a woman was raped? Do you really think she would want to keep the baby then? If she did keep the baby, how do you think he/she would feel when his/her mother told him/her that he/she was a product of rape? How do you think the mother would feel? This is one of the main arguments I have against pro-life people. Lastly, I don't think a woman should abort a baby for a stupid reason, such as not wanting pregnancy to ruin her figure. So yeah... I'm sorry if I offended anyone but it's just the internet. I'm not very good at wording things, but (hopefully) you get my drift.

[center]I sparkle liek Edwort Collin lololololo123abc (insider with Anna =D)
30-12-2009, 12:55 AM
I agree with people wanted to do whatever they want with their body. teenagers are mostly the dumb ones who end up having kids at a young age. They should think before they have s3x you know?
30-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Exactly. You see, when I said a woman should be able to do what she wants with her body, I didn't mean I approve of bad decision-making and having sex at a really young age. People can do what they want, but some things they do are just stupid and reckless and should be thought out more. I hope that made sense at all. =/

[center]I sparkle liek Edwort Collin lololololo123abc (insider with Anna =D)
30-12-2009, 01:01 AM
I agree with Chanel in that 'why didn't she use birth control' and that it fails. Because occasionally it does. Yeah okay we should be more careful but I agree also with the stupid reason as to not wanting to ruin a figure. Thats an awful reason imo.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
30-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Well, this is certainly a sticky subject and pretty soon many of us will be stuck in molasses if this debate gets out of hand....

Abortion: no
Unless, the impregnated woman's body cant handle the baby. Like if the person is 12.
If the baby was a mistake, then the woman should have the baby (her fault, right?) and if by the time the baby is born, the woman still doesnt want it, then she should put it up for adoption.
If the woman was raped...I dont know. It wasnt her fault, but why kill an innocent baby? Too sticky....

I like the debate idea. It's kinda fun!

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
30-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Sometimes it makes me feel strange when I think if my mum would have got rid of me... I was an accident so... I may never had existed... hmm.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
30-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I wasn't an accident. I was just born. My mom said that both my dad and mom had s3x and they made me. She loved me and she wanted me. My dad did visit me which is sad imo.

Well, if the woman doesn't want that baby, and its less then 3 months, then I would say abort. Before the baby starts to develop. Thats what I would say. If I had a daughter, I would tell her kindly to abort it before its too late and just move on with her life and don't do the same mistake again. That's my stand
30-12-2009, 03:02 AM
(30-12-2009 12:48 AM)rebelxyell link Wrote:A woman should be allowed to do what she wants with her body. Sometimes she doesn't want a baby. I'm sure people might say, in response to that, "Then why didn't she use birth control?" Sometimes the birth control fails. But if the mother girl and the father were just being stupid and decided not to use birth control or protection of any kind, then you might say, "The mother should have to give birth to the baby because she and the father were being irresponsible." The thing about that is, first of all, if they have the kid and keep it, the mother and father might not be able to afford it or the kid will not be raised very well. Think of teenage mothers... I'd say a great majority of them are not mature enough to handle a baby (no offense to ALL young people, I am a young person myself) and teenagers usually can't afford the expenses a newborn baby brings in. Another possibility is that the kid will end up being put up for adoption. Who knows what kind of family the kid could end up with then. There are bad people in this world. Speaking of bad people... what if a woman was raped? Do you really think she would want to keep the baby then? If she did keep the baby, how do you think he/she would feel when his/her mother told him/her that he/she was a product of rape? How do you think the mother would feel? This is one of the main arguments I have against pro-life people. Lastly, I don't think a woman should abort a baby for a stupid reason, such as not wanting pregnancy to ruin her figure. So yeah... I'm sorry if I offended anyone but it's just the internet. I'm not very good at wording things, but (hopefully) you get my drift.

Lol you pretty much summed it up for me

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
Thread Closed