Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signatures
07-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Signatures
As people seem to have trouble sticking to the signature height rules (Cassie, I'm looking at you Tongue), I've added some code to keep it to a maximum height. If your signature now exceeds this height, you will have to scroll to view it all.

This will hopefully mean you can see how big your sigs need to be, without mods issuing warnings!

If you have any comments on this, let me know.

Thanks
Matt

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
07-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Re: Signatures
{blush}

I honestly keep forgetting. But I've just had a go at resizing it... and it looks horrible.

I mean if you look at some people's signatures [I wont go into names], they have text and/or those egg/creatures [sorry for the vague description], they well go over the limit for signatures. :\
I know a couple of people were feeling a bit offended by this, that some were getting warnings & others were not.

Is there no way you can extend the height by 100 pixels [thus 500x250] so we can have images that aren't distorted or too small?

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm purely asking. Smile

Thanks!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Cassie, I don't know how you are resizing, but if you resize and keep proportions, the images look just fine in my opinion.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
(07-01-2010 08:37 PM)Bat link Wrote:Cassie, I don't know how you are resizing, but if you resize and keep proportions, the images look just fine in my opinion.
I've tried that. They don't look fine. x.x

07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I've never had a problem w/ resizing. But it sounds like Matt has given us a solution.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
^^ Thank you [removed]. Smile

Honestly, you end up with a distorted image, or an image that ends up dramatically smaller and doesn't have the same effect. I believe 150 pixels is just a tad too short.

I don't believe my signature was overly-large or doing any harm to anyone. I really would be inexplicably gracious if we could have an extra 100 pixels to the height, as the current restrictions are hard to work with.

Again, just lending my input. =]

(07-01-2010 11:32 PM)Bat link Wrote:I've never had a problem w/ resizing. But it sounds like Matt has given us a solution.

Not really. The scroller is irritating and there to make you realise your signature is too large. Imo. Smile

08-01-2010, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 04:59 AM by b-rad.)
I dont think that the scrollers help anything.    Things were easier when the signatures were just tall.  And most of the time, they arent tall, but we still have to get rid of them. And then people with huge signatures dont even get warnings.    All the scrollers do is make siggys look bad and harder to scroll through the topic -_-

Edit:  After looking around, I have found that some mods have their signatures out of proportion, but they get to keep theirs.  Yet somehow, even though some of the members siggys are barley to big, they get banned.  It seems biased to me.  Just saying.
08-01-2010, 10:14 AM
(08-01-2010 03:12 AM)Zombie Mania link Wrote:Edit:  After looking around, I have found that some mods have their signatures out of proportion, but they get to keep theirs.  Yet somehow, even though some of the members siggys are barley to big, they get banned.  It seems biased to me.  Just saying.

That's why this slider was introduced, so now we don't have to warn/ban anyone, and the limit is the same for all making it fair.

Cassie, if more people want an extra 100px or so, I'll consider it. The reason I'm not keen on making them too big is because it makes the pages longer than they need to be, and larger images means longer load times.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
The reason I hate the scrollers is that if you scroll down the page, you get stuck on the scrollers and have to move it.  Not only that, but you cant see the whole signature at once.  There were only a few sigs that REALLY needed to be short.  If you only got rid of those really huge ones, things would be easier.    And Im not sure if everyone really cares about the topic being longer.  Ive never heard anyone complain about it. 
08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
(08-01-2010 10:14 AM)Matt link Wrote:Cassie, if more people want an extra 100px or so, I'll consider it. The reason I'm not keen on making them too big is because it makes the pages longer than they need to be, and larger images means longer load times.

Okay, thank you so much! Big Grin

Thread Closed