Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signatures
08-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Re: Signatures
Cassie, which mod's have too big of signatures?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
(08-01-2010 10:19 PM)Bat link Wrote:Cassie, which mod's have too big of signatures?

Brad*

Coming Soon...
08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
That wasn't aimed at me, but I was told that Jen's signature exceeds the sig proportions.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
That's what I meant, haha. Brad, which mod(s) have to big of a signature?

Edit: Sorry, we posted at the same time.

Hers has a slider...but her image is the correct size. I've never warned someone because their signature is over 150 pixels. I've only warned because their image was too big.

Edit 2: The rules do say no taller then 150 and don't say that is just the image. So, yes, she is technically breaking the rules. However, we have never warned for siggies over 150...just images.

08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Ahh... Well I think an extra 50-100 pixels would be nice for others. It doesn't bother me, maybe a stickie/no post poll? So no arguments happen and such.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but there is no reason to change it. If we can't handle it the way it is, then maybe we shouldn't have signatures. I'm tired of all the problems they create because people can't stay within the rules that have been in place since Day 1. I know that sounds awful for me to say, but still.

08-01-2010, 11:17 PM
(08-01-2010 11:07 PM)Bat link Wrote:Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but there is no reason to change it. If we can't handle it the way it is, then maybe we shouldn't have signatures. I'm tired of all the problems they create because people can't stay within the rules that have been in place since Day 1. I know that sounds awful for me to say, but still.

+1

Coming Soon...
08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
There didn't use to be a signature rule, at least not enforced, that's another reason why people forget/hard to stick to it.

I DON'T think we should be permitted to have ridiculously huge signatures, I hate that myself, having to scroll through them. But 150 is still unusually short, in my experience of forums anyway. I doubt another 100 pixels will cause the forums to crumble in destruction, and as you can see most people have had signatures out of the rule proportions, but whatever Matt decides is fine by me. =]

It's being made out to be bigger than it is. It's basically me and a few others expressing a simple request to enlarge the signature limilt, not a point war or something. =S

If we can't, then fair do's, but I can try.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
09-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Sie, what forums do you go to that consider 150 pixels short? It really isn't that short at all, for a max signature height.
250 pixels is generally a header height, not a signature height.

If you have them much bigger than 150 pixels they distract from the thread, increase page loading times, and stretch pages like crazy; like other people have said. ._.

[Image: derpderpderp.png]

Seriously, what else d'you need to put in there?

I actually think the scrolling feature put in is a good solution. With it in place, the limit is kept, less bans/warnings are sent out, etc. If you dont like the scrolling, suck it up and make it smaller?
09-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Cassie, the rule has been there from the beginning of the forums. We have been enforcing it for quite some time. We were lenient at one point in time, but have been stricter on it for quite some time.

If keeping it the size it is is such a problem, I will suggest we remove signatures all together.

Thread Closed