Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Olympics
13-02-2010, 06:34 AM
The Olympics
Well, I'm not a big fan of The Olympics, but I figured I might as well make a topic about it....
A Georgian athlete died while practising luge. They showed the actual footage of the accident on the news here, I can't find it on Youtube, though.

Anyway, anyone else watch the Opening Ceremony?

EDIT:
Here it is, I'm not sure if I should be putting this up here... it's pretty upsetting so... be careful watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7EhHJXSqjo

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Re: The Olympics
I was about to post about this.

Yeah I heard. I'm sorry but some of me and my friends kind of laughed when we heard his death. You know why? Because my math teacher said it funny, but I guess death isn't funny business. My math teacher said, "did you hear? that a skier was skiing and hit a pole and died." LOL, sorry, for reals, I apologize to his family & it's sad because he was going to be in the olympics and he didn't make it. I know that people here will say that I am being rude and insensitive.

edit: never mind. THAT was sad
13-02-2010, 06:46 AM
;O
That is terrible. I don't think you're the rude one Steven, I think your Maths teacher is. I think he just used it in the wrong context. :|

Anyway, I didn't watch the Opening Ceremony.
I might watch the snowboarding though. I don't know why, but it looks so enjoyable. xD

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
13-02-2010, 06:51 AM
(13-02-2010 06:46 AM)вσnníє link Wrote:I might watch the snowboarding though. I don't know why, but it looks so enjoyable. xD

is it because there's an Australian snowboarder? because I just heard something about him/her on tv Tongue
13-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Show your teacher that video and see if he's still laughing.

I was a little annoyed by the whole Olympic campaign here in Canada because its really just been a bunch of bullcrap. They're all like "Believe we can win! Go Canada! I Believe"
I'm like, "Blah"

[center]
13-02-2010, 06:54 AM
(13-02-2010 06:53 AM)Robbie xD link Wrote:Show your teacher that video and see if he's still laughing.

FYI you guys, it's a "she". hahaha.
and she was saying it seriously but like comical....idk how to explain? Tongue
13-02-2010, 06:54 AM
(13-02-2010 06:51 AM)@Steven! link Wrote:[quote author=вσnníє link=topic=8036.msg308381#msg308381 date=1266039979]
I might watch the snowboarding though. I don't know why, but it looks so enjoyable. xD
is it because there's an Australian snowboarder? because I just heard something about him/her on tv Tongue
[/quote]

Nahhh, I've just been interested in it for a while.
Although, I've never actually attempted it.  {rolleyes}

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
13-02-2010, 06:57 AM
I wanna surf {woot}

but I know that I will chicken out! LOL
But what if I get bitten by a shark because I ALWAYS hear that Tongue
13-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Snowboarding looks hard!

Skiing rocks. I laugh at the snowboarders from the chair lift when they fall Tongue...

Also, Steven tell your math teacher that if the person was actually skiing (Not luging like they actually were) that unless they were going like a billion km per hour, they wouldn't die from crashing into a pole. I've done it.

[center]
13-02-2010, 07:02 AM
LOL. I think she said that? I forgot but she said something like that for sure.
but I'll ask her on Tuesday because no school on MONDAY!! YAY!
It's Presidents Day in the US!!