Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
:S
23-04-2010, 05:22 PM
:S
I know everyone and their mother has said that the forum has died, but what about the other sites?

NOTE: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. I don't want people to argue about how wrong I am, it's just my opinion and I hope nobody takes offence to this post. Confused

The Sims Times - Nobody has posted an article since October, that's 6 months! I'm not telling people to get off their lazy butts and make articles, that's not the intention of this post b/c I know people are busy and/or can't write/type articles well *raises hand* Tongue, I'm just saying maybe it should be closed b/c I don't see many articles being published ever on the site. Confused

Sims Vids - I just went to check on SV, turns out the layout has been changed again, I like it but there's only been one video posted since September of last year. I just think that if videos want to be posted, we can post them on here in the News section or something and save Matt (or does Mr. Admin pay for it?) some money by closing it.

Sims Fans - This is pretty much a feeder site off of the news posted on Simsforums. This site can be saved, at least for now.

Sims Directory - This one has been pretty good, there has been a lot of pages added to this one so I say keep this site aswell.

Again, this is just my opinion. I want to try to save Matt's/Mr. Admin's money as much as I can b/c if I had to pay for the sites I'd rather not pay for 2-3 sites that nobody uses. Confused

Thanks for reading,
-just paul

EDIT: The Sims Times sounded offensive, so I added a little bit to make it less offensive.

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Re: :S
I might as well ask to have this locked, since nobody's posting their opinion. :/

25-04-2010, 07:37 PM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=8231.msg315196#msg315196 date=1272218285]
I might as well ask to have this locked, since nobody's posting their opinion. :/
Well, I couldn't agree more with your opinion.
We could save money and maybe more help promote just this site, and not all the extra sites.
They were good concepts but it's quite much for them all to be some-what acctive...

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
25-04-2010, 08:00 PM
THANK YOU for posting Smile I felt like I was talking to myself :|

Yeah, I agree that it's quite much for them all to be active, but we could get rid of Sims Vids and just add a videos page on Sims Forums. I'm sure there's a way to do that. Confused

The Sims Times could be removed and we could just come out with newsletters every once in a while with articles or something, just for fun.
EDIT: Read your post wrong, just ignore this! Tongue

26-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I kind of agree, although the money side of it isn't really an issue.

All those other sites were like you say, just concepts but I've had to run them pretty much solo and I just didn't have time to keep them all updated, which is a real shame as I feel they had potential. It's probably too late now though {no}

I've also used them to play with different technologies/designs so they've been quite fun for me, even if they haven't worked out!

If anyone wants to take ownership of SimsTimes or SimsVids, I'd be more than happy to relaunch them!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
27-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I couldn't do SimsTimes. I'd probably be the only one making articles, and that wouldn't be so fun. Sad

I think I could try SimsVids though. I'd have to think of ideas to make it more appealing though...*puts thinking cap on*

28-04-2010, 08:15 AM
we might need to remove some of the stuff here because no one is using them much