My top 5

seasons
open for business
apartment life
pets
Bon voyage
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Re: What are your top 5 sims 2 expansions ?
I can't make a list becuase I think all expansions have some nice things to add to the game.  Smile
05-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't have 5 (yet)  Big Grin but I love them in this order:

Seasons - love the snow
Freetime - let's you have more time playing around
Nightlife - cars!

I'm thinking about Open For Business as I like running shops, but I don't know how it works. Do you need to run a household as well as running a business? If someone could explain how it fits into their lives (as they get given jobs for their aspiration) I would really appreciate it.  {yes}
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
1.Freetime = Puts so much character into our little simmies I think..
2.Nightlife = Lots of fun to go around and cool objects and cars
3.Apartment life (Almost put Ambitions. xD)= TONS of awesome new objects, also always watned apartments.
4.Seasons = Seasons. Lmfao
5.OFB = Fun to run the businesses. Big Grin

To Lems: Well its a good personal venture for $$$ so if that matters much to ya; also you get to mes around with other sims clothes and hair/makeup. Not to mention the new neighborhood addition and the objects it comse with.
I reccomend it Smile

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
06-07-2010, 02:51 AM
(05-07-2010 08:02 PM)lems link Wrote:I'm thinking about Open For Business as I like running shops, but I don't know how it works. Do you need to run a household as well as running a business? If someone could explain how it fits into their lives (as they get given jobs for their aspiration) I would really appreciate it.  {yes}
You can run a business at home or buy and run it on a community lot. You'll get lots of new stuff and interactions. Buy it!  {yes}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2_...r_Business
06-07-2010, 06:35 PM
lol you guys, you got me really excited about Open for Business now.  Big Grin

I read the wiki and it sounds great, and I checked with my local EB games and yah they have it & at a bargain 1/2 price too!

But I'm a bit confused still. If they are given an aspiration job, do you just ignore that, and if I get them a Business on a community lot, do they need to go home all the time to fulfil their needs? What happens to the rest of the family if one has the business. Thanks!  Smile
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
(06-07-2010 06:35 PM)lems link Wrote:If they are given an aspiration job, do you just ignore that,
You can have a Job AND run a Business at the same time, but you can ignore it if you wish; it'd be alot easier with no distraction..

(06-07-2010 06:35 PM)lems link Wrote:and if I get them a Business on a community lot, do they need to go home all the time to fulfil their needs?
Yeshh you do, you can fulfill some of them (Like Bladder and Hunger), and take quick naps.
But your better off going back and forth between the store and your home.

(06-07-2010 06:35 PM)lems link Wrote:What happens to the rest of the family if one has the business. Thanks!  Smile
They can tag along with the business owner, I even like to assign all my family jobs. I dont like to call it Child Labor Smile

Cheers! Big Grin

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you both Yo! Cheesey friend, and Cororon. I got it today and love love love it.  Big Grin

I ended up buying this pack as it was such good value:

Includes 4 Add Ons:

* The Sims 2 University
    * The Sims 2 Night Life
    * The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
    * The Sims 2 Open for Business

I already have Nightlife but it still worked out cheaper than buying 2 EPs by themselves, and have yet to install University, which I'll save for another night of fun.

Seasons seemed to be mucked up when I installed OFB, and couldn't uninstall it, but I just installed it again and all is working fine.

I have one shop! This might go to my top of the list, but I love snow. Now I have 5 expansions, so I can list them in order soon.  Tongue
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
(10-07-2010 03:55 PM)lems link Wrote:Thank you both Yo! Cheesey friend, and Cororon. I got it today and love love love it.  Big Grin

I ended up buying this pack as it was such good value:

Includes 4 Add Ons:

* The Sims 2 University
    * The Sims 2 Night Life
    * The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
    * The Sims 2 Open for Business

I already have Nightlife but it still worked out cheaper than buying 2 EPs by themselves, and have yet to install University, which I'll save for another night of fun.

Seasons seemed to be mucked up when I installed OFB, and couldn't uninstall it, but I just installed it again and all is working fine.

I have one shop! This might go to my top of the list, but I love snow. Now I have 5 expansions, so I can list them in order soon.  Tongue
Weeee! Pet the penguin for me! Big Grin

One of my families make and sell toys in their shop at home. If you have a home business remember to lock the doors that go to the living space, or else the customers will go there.  {glare}