Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not again!
20-05-2010, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2010 11:03 PM by pinkwave.)
Not again!
Ok, now I'm really getting ticked off! I got tired of deleting the bed when my Sims would not wake up...ever! Every night it was the same thing. I tried everything. I was losing too much money. I don't understand? Everything else is working in the house. I can click on any action, the time is passing, their bars are going down (need to pee) and up (energy) etc.

I created a new family, moved them into a new house, bought a different bed and the first night they sleep...same thing! What the heck is going on? Help me! Please  Sad

LOL! Now this is getting really weird. I tried the move Objects cheat again and this time I just moved my 2 Sims and put them on the floor (I didn't know I could do that?) I thought you had to delete the bed to get them out of it!?

Anyhoo I saved money by not deleting the bed, but now my Sims are sleeping on the floor, but it looks like they're still in bed. They're laying in this strange position and the bed sheets are moving at the same time, but they're in a different room. If I didn't laugh  {lol}I'd cry. {rolleyes} This is getting really annoying! {cursing}
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Re: Not again!
Have you tried actually moving them out of the house and back in again?  It might not be the Bed but the house/lot itself.  The original Sims game was known for that glitch.  Also, are you using any kind of Custom Content for your game?  That can effect performance, as well.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
21-05-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm not using any custom content. Just the regular game.

I actually created new Sims and moved into a different house and have the same problem so I can't see it being the house or lot? Now it's happening once in awhile. It must be one thing that's triggering it. I just can't figure out what? I move a Sim out of bed and put them on the floor (actually just off the floor), the alarm is going off, they've had enough sleep, I click on wake up and they just look annoyed and roll over in mid air. The sheets are moving where they should be in bed?! Sometimes they eventually get up, but not always. Very strange. I never had this problem with the original Sims.

I've searched everywhere for a similar problem and saw something in a Sims 3 forum. Someone had their Sims stuck in a hot tub. They said to use the "moveObjects" on cheat. So I tried it and that's how I was able to get them on the floor at least. Maybe I need to turn off the cheat? I have no idea how to use cheats. Is there a way to now turn off the cheat? Might that work? arrrrghhhh {cursing}   
21-05-2010, 03:36 AM
You turn the cheat off the same way you turned it on  move_obects on and move_objects off.

Whether the cheat is on or off shouldn't effect the game that badly, though. Not sure what to tell ya at this point, either.  It's been so long since I played the original Sims games.

21-05-2010, 05:44 PM
But I'm playing Sims 2. I think it has something to do with them having to wake up and go to the bathroom when they're both in bed. Usually when they go right before, it's ok. I think? Right now they go to bed at different times so we'll see. I've noticed there is a patch. What does the patch fix? Would that help? Thanks for your help  Smile
21-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh, I thought you were playing TS1!

The patches fix various known (and sometimes unknown) glitches and whatnot.  I've never downloaded them myself, but it could be worth downloading them in your case ^_^