Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Sim has disappeared!
22-05-2010, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2010 05:51 AM by pinkwave.)
My Sim has disappeared!
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I posted this in another place on this forum also. It's so hard to find help for Sims 2.

Anyhoo, I had this problem with my Sims not waking up. It was like they were frozen in bed. Everything was working normally. Time was passing, needs bars were going up and down, I could click on any action etc. I found a cheat where you could move your Sims in BUY mode. "move Objects on" Well I used it quite a few times. I could literally move my Sims out of bed. They'd either just be standing there or lying in mid air, like they were still in bed. The bed sheets would move but they were not there (strange I know). Well this time I did it, they were standing there in their jammies and then my wife Sim just disappeared. Her head icon is gone. It's like she doesn't live there. My husband Sim still has her in his wants and fears. She didn't die, she was not abducted and she didn't leave. Where is she? Help me!  {wacko}

Nevermind, I think I solved the problem. I read somewhere that if you leave the lot and come back your missing Sim will be standing by the mailbox. I tried it and it worked. Looks like everything is back to normal. I hope  {wacko}
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Re: My Sim has disappeared!
lol glad you got it fixed xD  Man you have some crazy glitches in your game!!!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
22-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh Hi there you!  Smile I don't know really where to post these questions. The actual EA Sims website is useless when it comes to answering Sims 2 questions. Sorry, but it's true  Tongue

Yes, I do have some interesting problems don't I?  {rolleyes} Not being able to get my Sims out of bed and disappearing Sims would screw up my game completely. I guess that's why I panic  {blush} So far these problems have been quite easy to fix...knock on wood!  {unsure} Ok now I have a question. My Sims are getting old way too fast. I was hoping to build up their careers and homes before having a child. Can I slow down their aging? Also when I moved into this home the top floor was not finished. Is this normal, because when I just went to look at the lot, I'm pretty sure I saw a finished top floor. Are all the houses like this? Do you always have to build the top floor? Ok that's all for now  {rolleyes} Big Grin   
22-05-2010, 09:56 PM
In TS2 you can use the cheat "aging off" so that your Sims don't age while you work on their careers and homes.  Once you're ready, you turn "aging on" and they begin to age again.  There is no way to set speed in TS2.  So, if you having aging off and they have a baby, it stays a baby until you turn aging on again, then it'll go to toddler, child and so forth.

As for the unfinished floor, I've never run into this before.  Are you sure it's an actual floor and not just the way the roof is designed?  Sometimes the ceiling designs LOOK like there's a top floor but really it's not.  If there weren't any stairs leading up, it probably wasn't meant to be a second floor.  Or, maybe it was designed to be an "attic" area.

23-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Well that's embarassing  {blush} You're right, I thought there was a top floor, but there isn't. It's the way the roof is shaped.  {unsure}
I've been looking around at other houses and I see the difference now. duh.

I'm thinking of moving, I just don't have enough room. I really didn't like the houses with upstairs in Sims 1. I found it annoying going up and down stairs.

Right now I'm trying to get my Sims to have a child, because time is running out. They're turning into elders in 2 days!  {ohmy} The "try for child" promp will not show up. I guess it's part of the game. I guess it would look kind of silly for 2 old people with a child. I tried the adoption but I didn't save it. I really want them to have their own. I'd like to see the pregnancy part of the game. I don't even think the cheat would work now. Darn, I waited too long. I guess I'll try a few more times and see what happens and then try the adoption again

Wow, this is too much like real life! Glad I had my kids young! lol!  Big Grin 
23-05-2010, 05:23 AM
LOL is okay, I did it too at first ^__^  Took me forever to realize it too.

Also, because a Sim is pregnant for 3 days, if they are less than 5 days from being an elder the Try For Baby option no longer shows up.  However, if you have built up enough Aspiration points from fulfilling their wants, you can go into your Aspiration Rewards and you'll find a Green Water Tank that is called the Elixir of Life.  Make sure your sim is Platinum when they drink from it, and it gives them back 3 days for every drink, and I believe there is a total of 5 drinks from it.  So that's 15 days you can get back for your sim.  Only your Female needs to be 5 days or more away from Elder, the men can make a woman pregnant even if they are an elder, much like in real life lolololol.