Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with twins in Sims 2
17-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Help with twins in Sims 2
Hi guys  Smile Well I guess this isn't really a problem, but for some reason it really bothers me. I have teenage twins, a boy and a girl, but they have different zodiac signs?? How can I make them have the same sign. Does this happen all the time with twins? It doesn't really make sense. It didn't bother me until now, but I would like them to have the same sign before they become adults.
They have an older sister that has the same sign as the girl twin and they act exactly the same. I would like my girl twin to be more like her brother. I see the "encourage" prompt for the parents, but I'm not really sure how that works. I'm assuming if I can get both their traits the same, their zodiac signs will become the same? Obviously I would just have to change one twin, but how would I go about it? I would prefer not to use a cheat. I'm only using the "aging off" cheat right now....because they grow up so fast! I don't want the parents to be elders before the kids move out and have grandchildren. 

Thanks in advance.  Smile
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Re: Help with twins in Sims 2
That's a common problem, actually, in the game.  It's very rare that any of my Twins ever come out with the same Zodiac sign.  The best way to fix this, if you don't mind using cheats, is to use the boolprop cheat.

Go to the Neighborhood
Press CTRL + SHIFT + C all at once
Enter the cheat:  boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Hit enter
Go into the house with the Twins
You'll see some weird coding in the upper right corner of the screen, that's OK
With the game paused, makes it easier
Click the sim you want to change the Zodiac for
Go into their Personality area
Drag the Personality points until you have the desired traits
Save the game
Enter the cheat:  boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

Now, the weird coding will stay in the upper right corner until you exit the lot and go back in.  But, now, your Twins should have the same Zodiac signs, and similar if not identical personalities.

With the cheat still turned on (true) you can use this cheat to also max out all your Sims skills incredibly too.  BUT, do not do that if your sims has the LTW "max all skills", because they will not have the memory of maxing each skill.  Instead, drag the skills up the 9th level, leaving the 10th one alone, then have them gain that last skill point the way they normally would (studying, playing chess, etc.) so that when that last skill point is gained, they will achieve the memory and want for that. Once the cheat is turned off (false) you won't be able to click and drag skill points, etc.

If you're not into cheats, than other than using the "encourage" option over and over and over again, you're not going to be able to correct the personalities. Hope that helps a little.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
17-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks a bunch Majick.  Smile I'll try that with my limited ability  {unsure} All my Sims already have maxed out skills. I did that without the cheat and yes I do have a life  {lol} I think?  {wacko} I hope I don't screw this up. Yikes!  {ohmy}
17-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Yay! I did it  {clap} Now THIS should be interesting. I just hope she's not as miserable as she was! Ohhhh the power! {evilglare}
18-07-2010, 05:06 AM
LoL yay! Glad it worked for ya Big Grin  And wow, that's awesome, it's hard to max out the skills without cheating xD  I don't even bother anymore unless I have to, LOL

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie