Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't find the Goths?!
04-11-2010, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 01:20 AM by pinkwave.)
I can't find the Goths?!
Well, I finally broke down and bought Sims 3. I'm enjoying it, but it's very different. Not better or worse, just different Confused

Ok, here's my problem. I created a family, moved it in and I've been playing them for awhile now. I thought it would be interesting to play the Goths for a bit. I've done everything I've read to do and when I click on edit etc. change household, I cannot click on the Goth household because there is no little house icon over their lot/household. There's nothing? I know where the house is I just have no option to choose it. I know they are there because I have interacted with them in my game with my original family. I think I explained that properly? Huh I see every other household just not their's. What's wrong???

Thanks in advance. Shy

OMG this is embarassing. why does this always happen? I just solved the problem, which ALWAYS happens after I post a question! Murphy's Law? I had already saved my game trying it the first time so this time I just clicked on edit town and then instead of clicking on "Yes, save", I clicked on "just continue" Don't know why that worked but it did? The little house icon was over their house. Strange??

Now I really feel like an idiot?? I didn't fix the problem after all. Here is what's happening. I load my last save with my original family. My game starts, I click on the options menu, "edit town". It says "Do you wish to save town" or "just continue". I click on "just continue". The map shows up with all the little purple houses over the households (including the Goths). I then click on "change active household", " choose household", the map loads again....the Goth's little purple house icon is gone again??! Every other household is still there! I'm confused. Help me!
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 01:43 PM
RE: I can't find the Goths?!
When did you start playing the sims 3? i have started playing just months ago and i never had any problems with the neighbors disappearing...Exclamation
HOwever, when i downloaded the new patch, the Goth house was now a free house.
i can still see the Goths downtown but the icon on their house (the one near the graveyard right?) has become hollow, apparently, they don;t live there anymore Undecided

must be something wrong with the new patch, i cant even choose bait anymore!!! Angry

--> i'm new here! <-- Tongue
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 05:28 PM by pinkwave.)
(04-11-2010 01:43 PM)dYsclaimer Wrote:  When did you start playing the sims 3? i have started playing just months ago and i never had any problems with the neighbors disappearing...Exclamation
HOwever, when i downloaded the new patch, the Goth house was now a free house.
i can still see the Goths downtown but the icon on their house (the one near the graveyard right?) has become hollow, apparently, they don;t live there anymore Undecided

must be something wrong with the new patch, i cant even choose bait anymore!!! Angry

Oops! Screwed that up! Undecided

Yes, that must be it! It's just that I've never read anything on the internet about this problem, and yes I have searched! Thanks for replying, now I don't feel like such an idiot Rolleyes

I just started playing a few weeks ago and I have the latest patch (I'm pretty sure) I guess this doesn't happen to everybody? I try to visit the Goths (yes the one by the graveyard) and it says nobody lives here?? I hear children's music coming from inside but nobody is there. It doesn't say they're not home, but that nobody lives there??

I know I can play a different household, because I'm now playing Agnes Crumplebottom. Goths are not there for her either. I tried the last few saves with my original family (Goths aren't there!) I had to go back about 3 saves and there they were. I haven't noticed them at any community lot, but I haven't really looked that hard.

Not sure if I have the bait problem, but I'll check that out. I think a new patch is in order Angry
08-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Wink RE: I can't find the Goths?!
Big Grin hello again! pls do reply if the fishing problem occurs in your game too.. i can't inspect water, and the only fishes i get are the usual minnows and goldfish..
my fishing level is 9 and i have read most of the fishing books,,..
i do hope that a new patch is in order... Smile

--> i'm new here! <-- Tongue
12-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Sorry I took so long, but I've been enjoying my game too much Rolleyes I just posted another question about another problem. I found out the Goths were gone because I had story progression on and anything can happen! I now have it off!

I did have the occasional problem of not being able to "inspect water" but I would just try another spot on the pond. That would work most of the time. The problem I had with the fishing was when I tried to fish in the ocean I was transplanted back to my home that had a pool I could fish in?? I figured it out by trying a different spot near the ocean. I had the bait problem a couple times but again I would just try it again in a different spot and it would work? The fishing was certainly a bit glitchy. Hope you've found a solution.