Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Should I get PS3 or PC Version?
PS3
PC
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice please - do I want console or PC?
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Advice please - do I want console or PC?
I am an old simmer from years back whe the original sims game came out, and went on to sims 2 and about 5 of the expansion packs, then I got a full time job and had kids - that stopped my fun!! I'm now looking at quite a long stretch on maternity leave from Christmas 2010 onwards so thought I might like to get back into it. I'd love a copy of Sims 3, but I'm not sure which platform to get it on. I had it originally on PC, and enjoyed downloading and creating custom bits and pieces for my sims, so have always stuck to PC versions. I really love building and kitting out the houses with custom furniture and when I tried sims on PS2 I wasnt impressed - this was before playstation online though! The storylines were better, but too ready made and the missions just annoyed me! My passion really is the custom stuff I guess, and the house building. My question is, how far have the console versions come? Am I likely to be as unimpressed with the PS3 version of Sims 3, or should I give it a go? Or do you think I should stick with the PC version? I don't wanna buy the PS3 version only to have to go out and get the PC version because it frustrates me!

Your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated! (along with prayers that baby doesn't come early and interrupt my gaming, lol!)

Thanks,
Lou
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
RE: Advice please - do I want console or PC?
I haven't played Sims on a console, but Sims is made for computer so I think you can do more on a PC, and it must be easier to use the mouse to point and click than with a gamepad? I don't know if the console version has been released yet? But you can wait and look at reviews on Youtube?
19-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Personally I'd go for the PC. With all the things you can do on TS3 and all the new additions there is just no way they could fit all that on the console game. Also, TS2 for consoles was a huge disappointment to me. If you want your moneys worth then I do suggest PC.

♫ Inside me, Inside me is a flame,
That burns brighter any time you came.
Gets in the way, when I'm alone with you,
But disappears if I'm with someone new ♫
19-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I say PC. This is mainly because the PC is broader than the consoles. Personally, I only have played the PC and the Wii versions, so I really cannot comment on the PS3's version. The Differences between the Wii and PC are as follows (assuming the wii and PS3 are alike)

1. On the wii, you can only make one family per neighborhood. I mean you can only go into create a sim once, While on the PC you can create as many families as you like (but can only play one at a time of course)

2. The wii version has an "objective" of making a family as happy as possible by fulfilling the wishes of the sims. There is an ending point to this game. On the PC, the game is open ended.

3. Of course, the Wii's version is simpler than the PC's version.

As for the custom objects, I don't think that it is possible yet except that you can build your house on the PS3 (Not wii Sad )

In summery, I say PC unless you got a crappy computer or want a simplified game.

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
20-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Wink RE: Advice please - do I want console or PC?
It has to be PC - far more options open to you (CC for starters).

Excellent summary Tom, btw!

[Image: 135762.jpg]
20-12-2010, 04:25 PM
(20-12-2010 11:57 AM)WaffenThinMint Wrote:  Excellent summary Tom, btw!

Thank You.

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
29-12-2010, 03:12 AM
PC. So much better.