Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! Sudden lagging!
12-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Help! Sudden lagging!
Hi guys Smile I'll try to explain this the best I can, but I'm not very good at "computer talk" Rolleyes I've been playing Sims 3 for weeks now and having no problems (well none, I couldn't fix). I'm now playing as Gobias Koffi. I've been playing him for quite awhile with no problems at all. He's at the top of his science career and I've done tons of stuff with him. I recently bought a computer for him to look for a new job. After that, my computer kept freezing/lagging for a few seconds after prompting him to do something. Even moving the screen around with my mouse, the scene would freeze for a second. I thought maybe it had something to do with buying him the computer, so I deleted it. That didn't help. I then quickly saved and quit the game because I thought it would eventually freeze completely. I then restarted my computer and cleared my cache (I read somewhere to do that?) then I started my game again at my last save and the same thing is happening. I also read somewhere that it could be the actual save, so I loaded the previous save and so far so good. Although I'm not sure of all the things I've done since this save...duh. I know I should save more. Anyhoo..my question is what could have happened that this would start suddenly out of nowhere? The only thing I did was buy him a computer?? I don't want it to happen again Confused I have no custom content whatsoever. The only cheats I've done is the resetSim cheat, because one of my Sims was jumping up and down constantly.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
RE: Help! Sudden lagging!
hey its me again! i had that same problem about lagging, it usually happens after i take a picture using their cellphones. But the lagging stops when i quit the game, even if i saved it. CAn you tell me what you did to the computer you bought (find a job, chat, play chess, etc)?Idea

--> i'm new here! <-- Tongue
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
RE: Help! Sudden lagging!
Hey! I just bought him a desk and chair and the best computer. I then prompted him to find a job. The jobs took a few seconds to load. I read them, then changed my mind. Then it started to lag, so I thought I'd maybe delete the computer and that would work...it didn't. I then saved, then quit the game and restarted at that save and it still lagged, so I went back to my last save before that and it seems fine. I'm now playing from there. It's not so bad, because I'm now playing through really fast because I know what I want him to do now. A few different opportunities are showing up, which makes it a little more interesting. I might just keep going from here. I just don't want it to happen again. I'm hoping it's just a weird glitch of some kind.