Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grim Time for the Reaper
23-11-2010, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2010 01:46 PM by Mandymusk.)
Grim Time for the Reaper
Hi Everyone, there was a rather amusing incident when my latest Sim expired and I wonder if anyone else has come across this. My Sim expired while having a bath in the bathroom of the Monotone so she climbed out the bath, the camera closed in, the music started and she became a wraith but all that could be seen of the Grim Reaper was the blade of his scythe coming through the left hand wall. After a little while it disappeared and some seconds later I heard the front door slam and a very annoyed Reaper entered the bathroom from the door on the right and gave some "What the hell's going on" type gestures before completing his doom-friendly duties!
While I'm posting I do have a question about recipes. My Sims have usually reached a fairly high level in the cooking skill and have also read cookery books but I still can't find the recipe for cookies which is necessary to complete one of the opportunities. Is there a way to extract recipes from a book or are they all on your skill journal? Also is it possible to ask someone over and share a meal with them?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help would be much appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2010, 11:45 PM
RE: Grim Time for the Reaper
You can find recipes at the bookstore. Have your sim read them and then they know the recipe. I think the book disappears though.

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
23-11-2010, 11:57 PM
(23-11-2010 11:45 PM)Tom Simkins Wrote:  You can find recipes at the bookstore. Have your sim read them and then they know the recipe. I think the book disappears though.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
24-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Grimmy makes death fun! Tongue
19-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I love Grim <3 He makes what should otherwise be a very bleak situation (I love my elders, sue me) funny.

Also, apart from the bookstore sometimes you can also get the recipe just by watching the cooking channel. I've gotten Fish & Chips and Cookies that way before.

♫ Inside me, Inside me is a flame,
That burns brighter any time you came.
Gets in the way, when I'm alone with you,
But disappears if I'm with someone new ♫
29-12-2010, 05:42 AM
I had a Sim die earlier today (house fire). I hate the Grim Reaper...