Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about expansion packs
25-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Question Questions about expansion packs
Hi All! Wink

I have recently acquired a copy of the Sims 3, and so far, I am really enjoying the game! I am looking into purchasing an expansion pack, (Sims 3 late night, to be specific) but I'm not really sure how the expansion packs work. Now, I am new to playing the Sims and, like I stated before, I'm not really familiar with them, so I was wondering if someone could help me by answering the following:

Is the new town(s) really an expansion - no pun intended - of the base game town, where you can travel from sunset valley to where ever the new town/city is, or is it completely separate?
If it's a separate game, can you use your current sim(s) in the expansion, or do you have to make new ones?
Can you use the new items that come with the expansion in the base game?

Thanks In Advance!!! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2010, 02:18 PM
RE: Questions about expansion packs
(25-12-2010 06:00 AM)aj_sims Wrote:  Hi All! Wink

I have recently acquired a copy of the Sims 3, and so far, I am really enjoying the game! I am looking into purchasing an expansion pack, (Sims 3 late night, to be specific) but I'm not really sure how the expansion packs work. Now, I am new to playing the Sims and, like I stated before, I'm not really familiar with them, so I was wondering if someone could help me by answering the following:

Is the new town(s) really an expansion - no pun intended - of the base game town, where you can travel from sunset valley to where ever the new town/city is, or is it completely separate?
If it's a separate game, can you use your current sim(s) in the expansion, or do you have to make new ones?

Hello, and welcome aboard!

Expansion packs contain an extra town/city within them (refered to as 'Worlds'), just like Sunset Valley and Riverview - in the case of Late Night it is Bridgeport, with Ambitions it is Twinbrook.

You cannot travel between towns - the only exception is with the World Adventures pack where you can temporarily go to one of three locations for a limited measure of time (although repeat visits and fulfilling quests on the way will allow you to spend more days abroad before your holiday ends)

Once you have installed an Expansion pack, you can use any item contained within it in any part of the game as normal.

One thing of course you can do if you wish to be sneaky and want your Sim to 'move house' is save the household and simply port it in elsewhere. That however will mean they will lose any wants, relationships and some other things, but if you've been skilling up a Sim in a particular field and feel they'd do better in another town, then it can be good fun.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
25-12-2010, 05:33 PM
RE: Questions about expansion packs
(25-12-2010 02:18 PM)WaffenThinMint Wrote:  
(25-12-2010 06:00 AM)aj_sims Wrote:  Hi All! Wink

Hello, and welcome aboard!

Expansion packs contain an extra town/city within them (refered to as 'Worlds'), just like Sunset Valley and Riverview - in the case of Late Night it is Bridgeport, with Ambitions it is Twinbrook.

You cannot travel between towns - the only exception is with the World Adventures pack where you can temporarily go to one of three locations for a limited measure of time (although repeat visits and fulfilling quests on the way will allow you to spend more days abroad before your holiday ends)

Once you have installed an Expansion pack, you can use any item contained within it in any part of the game as normal.

One thing of course you can do if you wish to be sneaky and want your Sim to 'move house' is save the household and simply port it in elsewhere. That however will mean they will lose any wants, relationships and some other things, but if you've been skilling up a Sim in a particular field and feel they'd do better in another town, then it can be good fun.

Thank You So Much! This was a big help!