Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's getting beyond a joke
03-01-2011, 09:59 PM
It's getting beyond a joke
Matt, can't you do anything about those bots automatically registering on the forum and spamming it full of adverts and other crap?

What's the point of BreeBree or anyone else trying to recruit for us on the EA Sims 3 site and elsewhere if new people are going to see a lot of spambot messages for car insurance or worse not being dealt with, making us look a real shower of no-hopes. Bad enough that it's getting through in the first place - I thought the new site was meant to stop all this stuff from happening.

It's not as if there aren't plenty of plug-ins available to stop this from happening, like Recapcha (http://mods.mybb.com/view/recaptcha).

We've got fly123456 and wujingw123 up to ten spam posts already, and you can see in the membership lists on the page of the most recent new members that wemilebartlettg, dnadenehaynesv, eshuaarya9, tsandiwashttonx, gogo98, Fresquez289a, qcreolaolsonv, wzulmajohnsoni, den1982, mkrtchianashot2047, tanyamishina2043, emogol1910, bdpasicurizi, parkur1921, jessicag1726, Vladik1996, ascottdunlapk, tarantul1917, Orbinneni, fStyLeR2011j, samhilton11, Crimson33 are clearly all bots. Some of them even have automated signatures stuck in relating to the very websites they're all waiting to spam the life out of this forum once again with!

So please Matt, do something about this before we all quit in despair.

Sad

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
RE: It's getting beyond a joke
Well said! Angry
05-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I've gone through and deleted all the spam. I apologize it took so long to get to. We'll have to see what Matt can do as I can't do anything else at this point in time.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
(05-01-2011 02:00 PM)Bat Wrote:  I've gone through and deleted all the spam. I apologize it took so long to get to. We'll have to see what Matt can do as I can't do anything else at this point in time.

YOU can run after Matt and tell him that we can't put up with all the spam any longer. Then it's like chasing him with a Bat! Cool Big Grin
17-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi guys,

Really sorry about that. As you've probably noticed I've not been around much recently but I'll make sure I book some time to take a look at those pesky spam bots.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
22-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I've just installed and activated an anti spam plugin. Let me know if you still see the spam and if so I'll see about installing a different one.

Sorry again for leaving this for so long.

Thanks
Matt

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
22-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Good!! I will report any spam I see.
25-02-2011, 02:16 AM
[Image: blup.gif]

This is Cassie. Seriously. I got banned for spamming! And I had just typed out a colossal post to be, well, posted. And I lost it, due to this... this. Can we unban me? I JUST got back and now I've been given the boot already. Sad

PS; I want compensation for having to make this account.
PPS; Well not really. But I accept chocolate and Swedish meats. Wink
25-02-2011, 02:22 AM
LOL. I was like who's Jarvis? hahaa.
ugh, I was about to make a new thread asking why are you banned??!!
25-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Jarvis literally was the first naMe that came to me. That says a lot about me as a person, I think.

I cannot live in this alter-ego for long. I feel so deprived... I can't see the Regulars' section. Oh well. I'm Jarvis for now. D: