Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm so frustrating about Sims 2 vs Sims 3!
22-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Shocked I'm so frustrating about Sims 2 vs Sims 3!
I was a Sims 2 player and I got many expansion packs but I lost my Sims 2 basic installation Disc.

So I decided to go for Sims 3 just a few weeks ago, I like the features that there are more details of the Sims' personality, better graphics and lifetime rewards.Blush

However I have a huge problem with Sims 3 because the game freeze all the time.
Averagely it takes 15-20 mins to load the game. If I play in a huge lot, the game lag like crazy, every second becomes every 2or3 seconds...... Sad

Everything is slow motion in my Sims 3, I have a hard time to let my Sims to try out everything in the game.
my laptop is not bad for gaming and it was a pretty new one with Window 7.

I am thinking to upgrade my video card for my laptop but I heard is hard and risky to do.

So..... i started missing my Sims 2... Seasons, University, Business, Nightlife, etc.
There are more CC for Sims 2 and the most important thing, IT WORKS!

So i'm frustrating about buying the Sims2 installation pack again OR upgrade my video card for Sims3 ??Huh

For those who played both Sims 2 and Sims 3, please give me some comments!

Thank you!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 05:56 PM
RE: I'm so frustrating about Sims 2 vs Sims 3!
Hello Sanx. Hope you will stay around and join in the rest of the forum.

Playing Sims 3 on a laptop comes at a price, especially if you have lots of custom content (some of which has high poly counts - especially hair - that makes them more trouble than they are worth). It's a good idea to periodically purge your game of any things you are not going to use again.

Late Night can be dreadful with laptops, not least of all because Bridgeport is a real resource hog even on a good desktop system, luckily though there are lots of excellent custom worlds that will allow you to play it properly in a smaller world - check out Crazy Town and Bear Mountain Creations for some of them by a guy called Richdre who is a genius at building neat little worlds compatible with all levels of Sims gaming.

Somewhere else to bear in mind is NRaas - Twallan's website. He provides lots of mods that cut down on the clutter in the game (such as the silly number of taxis and cars the game will have zooming about since Late Night was patched) that will speed your game up enormously.

Upgrading the video card for a laptop isn't the same as doing it for your PC/Mac - sometimes you're better off getting a new laptop, it all depends what sort of one you have just now.

If you try and be more specific as to your set up, I'm sure we will be able to help you some more with this.

Smile

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply