Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you feel?
21-03-2011, 11:24 PM
How do you feel?
I just wanted to know about how you guys feel of 'Pay-sites' (Sites that sell custom content.)

Do you think you should have to pay for Custom Content?

For me personally, I appreciate the effort of the creators who make such wonderful CC. But is it not illegal to fine for your CC? I believe EA stated this. I understand the use of Donations, and the fact that the creators need money to run their sites, but is it really necessary to pay for pixels, that probably won't show in your game like how the creator portrays it?

How do you feel about a certain site who steals the donation sets and put them for free on their site? (Pay sites must die) Do you think they are doing a right thing?

If you don't babble, you can't get set-up.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 04:37 PM
RE: How do you feel?
Okay, well when I was younger and before I discovered the naughties of the internet (torrents, PMBD and what have you) I did pay for CC that asked for it, for example I donated a couple times to Peggy and about three times to TSR (fail, I know).

When I got older and discovered PMBD, I dove straight into it quit paying without really thinking about my ethics. But I have thought about it, and while I accept sites that ask people to donate, I only believe they should donate if they want to. I appreciate people need the money to maintain there sites and maintain what they do so in that sense I don't think it's greedy to ask for a donation, but it shouldn't forced out of someone before they can download your content.

Most of the CC that isn't free isn't any better than the free CC [at least with TS3, although with TS2 there were distinctions, yes]. And in the pictures they continuously make the CC look better than it is.

I personally believe CC should be free. I certainly can't afford to pay for a dress made out of pixels, definitely not anymore at least, and I wont ever.

The biggest rip-off of them all is The Sims 3 store. What a joke that place is.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
22-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I definitely agree with you.
I was never down with paying for CC.
(I did buy credits for IMVU though, maybe that's hypocrisy lol.)
But that was before I realized how silly it was.

I definitely thought The Sims 2 Store was pathetic. Why would people DL from there when there are loads of free CC on the internet? And I'm not so hot with Maxis textures either.

I just can't come around to paying for pixels anymore ;P
No one really can afford that...(Well I guess some can)

23-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I feel fine! But not about paysites! I never pay for individual downloads. There are lots of great CC for free. Did you know that Simpoints cost almost the double for us in Europe?

Who's Egypt87771? How many egyptians are there here? =o
23-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Hahah I don't think she's Egyptian. I think that's her name. I could be wrong though.
I would never pay money to get CC. There are plenty of free CC websites out there. Plus my dad is paranoid about using his credit cards online, especially when it's something as silly as CC.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
23-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I swear she was only about eleven last I talked to her. Must be about 14 now right?

If you ever want subscriptions CC, pop to PMBD a few days after it is uploaded, should be there, sometimes they take a while. No problems. (:

23-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah I remember downloading stuff from that website. The interface was so confusing to me though.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
24-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Haha I'm not Egyptian, and yeah I was 11 the last time you talked to me, time sure does go fast eh?
It seems that everyone in general feel the same way about CC sites that fine for their creations.
I really would never mind donating anything though. But having to pay - meh, I'll pass.

24-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I'd be more inclined to donate if it was an option and you weren't forced than I would be if someone demanded my money, and that's the truth.

At the end of the day, if SO many people are willing to create CC as a side-project and send it out to the world for free, I don't see what makes certain people special enough to demand people of their money for their CC. Most of the free CC is just as good as the paid for ones, anyway.

25-03-2011, 12:58 AM
I know what you mean, totally right.
And you never know when you'll be knocked off.
Some hairs and clothing just are totally photo shopped :O