Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May 31st Patch
01-06-2011, 04:20 PM
May 31st Patch
Any other mac users having trouble with it? I installed night-life a few days ago and today I was told to download the patch, which I started and then it stopped perhaps at 70% ish and I can't play anymore. When I try to open the launcher the the icon appears in the dock and then disappears without opening the launcher. Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 10:10 PM
RE: May 31st Patch
Yes, the new patch has caused a lot of problems for Mac users and they're understandably hopping mad.

Try to avoid playing the game via the launcher as much as possible, as most of the problems with the game whether PC or Mac come through it. Everytime they patch the game, they do things to the launcher as well and 9 times out of ten that's where the problems come from.

To do this, you need to do the following:

First of all find the executable file that runs the game (most of the time it will be in (whatever letter of your hard drive applies)/Applications/The Sims 3.

Right click on it, and select "Show Package Contents".
Open the "contents" directory.

Now look for the file called info.plist.

Open that by dragging it onto textedit - but don't move it out of that directory.

(You might want to take a backup first in case it all goes wrong)

Now scroll down to the line after this one:

<key>CedegaGameName</key>

Change the last part to read TS3.exe instead of S3Launcher.exe.

Be careful not to disturb any of the rest of the file or mess with line endings. It's XML and an extra return shouldn't matter but you know what XML's like! Angry

Save and quit textedit.

You will now launch directly into the game instead of going through the launcher.

This means you will not see the launcher ever again unless you change the file back. But since the damn thing is more trouble than it's worth, that's a bonus! Big Grin

Tell us if this helps or not.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply