Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double posting...
24-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Double posting...
I don't know if this is just me, but I find it very annoying when people double post. I mean, there is a 'modify post' button. Surely the user doesn't have to make a new post just to say something that isn't that important...
I think there should be a way to prevent this from happening.. Like if you double post, you could get a warning?
Or if there is any way of disabling double posts, that would be good too..

But hey, maybe it's just me who finds it annoying. It's not really that important.  :-[

[Image: paramoresims.jpg]
<br />This heart it beats, beats for only you.<br />Paramore are coming to Ireland, and I can't go. Sad!
24-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Re: Double posting...
Yeah. In must forums that I'm a member in, double-posting is against the rules. I think we should have a "no double-posting-rule." Tongue

[center][size=12pt][glow=black,2,300]I♥One Tree Hill[/glow][/size]<br />[Image: s.jpg]
[/center]
24-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah.  Double posting is annoying.  I guess for most of us it's an unspoken rule, we all know we shouldn't do it.  But to others ... they need a verbal no-no.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
25-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Most double-posters:
a) are too lazy to modify their last post
b) are looking for ways to increase their post count
c) are trying to bump their topic
d) don't care
e) are unaware they posted twice in a row.

If they're one of the top 4, nothing you say will matter to them. You'll have to resort to warnings and such.

I agree, it is annoying. But I can't say I've never (accidentally) done it before. I'm sure, somewhere down the line, you'll do it too Smile It's a common mistake. But it can be easily corrected, so those who do it and notice it should do something about it.

Anyway...what I'm trying to say is I agree Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Thread Closed