Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 1 - Vista - Superstar
31-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Sims 1 - Vista - Superstar
Hi!  I can run the Sims on my Vista OS and played for a while until I got Superstar.  Then I installed it, and the graphics are all screwed up.  On the screen with the Superstar logo, where the game is loading and the funny messages scroll by underneath, they are all displaced to the middle of the screen, surrounded by a big black box.

When the neighborhood appears, I only see the bottom half of it, which is on the top half ot he screen; the bottom half of the screen is half of the Superstar logo.

If I am lucky I can get into one of my family's houses, but then I can't do anything, even though I can hear things going on.  All the objects are displaced, the screen is frozen except for the cursor, and lots of other weird things happen.

I don't want to uninstall it because I created some awesome families.  how do I fix this graphics thing?  Or, how can I save the files of the neighborhood, so i can uninstall it, reinstall it, and still have my families?  HELP!!!
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Re: Sims 1 - Vista - Superstar
Wow. Sounds pretty messed up.  {wacko}

—Scott
31-08-2008, 05:56 PM
It is!! I tried running the game at the big graphics option, and also at the small graphics option, but had the same results.

Another thing, actually come to think of it, when I installed Unleashed, whenever I brought a character downtown, I still got the "hot Date" logo, and I could never access pet stores. 

Unleashed asked me, during installation, to insert the Livin large Disc, which I didn't have, but I did have Sims Delux so i inserted that disk.  I hope that was what I was supposed to do.

Unleashed played fine, although I couldn't seem to access everything.
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
(31-08-2008 05:43 PM)S C O T T link Wrote:Wow. Sounds pretty messed up.  {wacko}

—Scott

Great help. Wink

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
XD
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Too bad nobody can help me with this.  Peanut butter, I thought your name was in Cyrillic  for the longest time, till I looked more closely.

I reinstalled Delux, Hot Date, and Unleashed, this time, opening up the CD folders and running start.exe "As administrator."  So I installed them as Administrator.  Unleashed seems  better - this time I can get pets, and also, the Townies appear, which they had not been doing before.  I am still too afraid to try Superstar likethat, because I don't want to lose all the isntallation time again.

Can anyone at least help me, by telling me how to save a family and their house, so if I uninstall, I can still play with that family?
11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Yea the problem is to reinstall it and use compatible for windows xp SP2 And please reinstall

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
14-09-2008, 03:20 AM
(10-09-2008 09:28 PM)puzzlemuse link Wrote:  Peanut butter, I thought your name was in Cyrillic  for the longest time, till I looked more closely.

OMG,
that made me laugh so hard.