www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend (/showthread.php?tid=11443)

Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Minty - 04-06-2012 07:22 PM

As you may all have noticed, the Sims Forums went offline for a couple of days. No idea why this occured but no doubt Matt will be here (babies allowing) to explain.

In the meantime, carry on!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - matt - 05-06-2012 06:06 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. There was a server migration which took a little longer than expected.

Apologies for an inconvenience caused...

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Ollie - 05-06-2012 10:20 PM

thats alright (although I was half thinking that you shut-down the site forever).

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - matt - 06-06-2012 10:14 AM

I would never shut the site down! I couldn't do that to you guys ... both of you! Chatter

Plus when/if Sims 4 comes out I'm sure we'll have an influx and it'll be like 2008 all over again ... good times...

Actually, thinking about it, is it worth creating any Sim City forums on here? As the new Sim City should be out soonish? Anyone planning on playing it? It's looking pretty good.

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Ollie - 06-06-2012 10:38 AM

I'm planning on getting SimCity sometime after it comes out, due to me hating EA to bits. Tongue

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - matt - 06-06-2012 10:41 AM

The online authentication is sure to cause some controversy though. Having to be online to play singler player is just crazy, although it'll prevent the piracy of the game ... for a few weeks anyway!

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Ollie - 06-06-2012 11:04 AM

I know and plus they haven't said anything about it being on macs. I probably shouldn't say this, but I might end up pirating it when it becomes available (I seriously doubt that I will pirate it), although if I don't pirate it I will get it either second hand or some other way, which means EA doesn't get my money. Big Grin

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - Minty - 06-06-2012 11:52 AM

(05-06-2012 06:06 PM)matt Wrote:  Yeah, sorry about that. There was a server migration which took a little longer than expected.

Apologies for an inconvenience caused...
Yes, and wasn't it lovely of the host to not bother telling you about it! PissedOff

Matt, regarding my second PM, any chance of getting me sorted back on today please?

RE: Downtime at Sims Forums over the weekend - bobert26 - 07-06-2012 06:34 AM

I'll probably get the new SimCity. I hadn't heard of the online thing though, that sucks.
Anyway, maybe we could just have a new board for it here?