www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Official Simcity Thread - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Official Simcity Thread (/showthread.php?tid=11538)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Ollie - 25-05-2013 03:13 AM

I'm going to do a mini series type thing to show the progress of a region in my game.

Edit: Here we go!

So welcome to the region which I named Maison Shores (I felt like using a French word, so maison means home in French).
[Image: 1_zps343cced5.png]

I decided to set-up shop in a nice looking area (the city down the bottom in the previous picture).
[Image: 2_zpsbf6aa425.png]

After looking at some of the data maps (wind and water maps in particular), I layed out a small avenue to connect to the highway.
[Image: 3_zps11b0762d.png]

From there I placed down a side street to place a water tower.
[Image: 4_zps19ee3900.png]

Soon after I zoned some residential and commercial areas.
[Image: 5_zpsef15df5b.png]

I then place another side street and plopped down a wind farm, which I can expand at a later date when my city gets low on power or build a new power source.
[Image: 6_zpscb7d300b.png]

After speeding up time a little our small town was coming together nicely.
[Image: f648ba6a-c993-4177-81e4-7671fd2dc267_zpsc0c6f1c1.jpg]

Final my town met the requirements to earn a Town Hall.
[Image: 8_zps2d6bc3cb.png]

With the Town Hall I got the ability to name my town Greenway Point.

I expanded my Town a little and it was coming along quite well.
[Image: 9_zpsda8848eb.png]

I added in some industrial zones strategically so that the wind would carry pollution away from my residential area.
[Image: 10_zps59930ef2.png]

[Image: 11_zps2e66da43.png]

I plopped down some sport parks and upgraded some of the roads to medium density.
[Image: 12_zps4129b4f3.png]

[Image: 13_zps6bda805b.png]

By doing so, houses went up to medium wealth.
[Image: 14_zpsa4affeb0.png]

I began to get some sewage coming through so a sewage plant was in order.
[Image: 15_zps85531512.png]

So far Greenway Point is looking good!
[Image: 16_zps23fd06e2.png]

[Image: 17_zpsbed1a001.png]

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Caspin - 25-05-2013 08:25 AM

That looks fun, now you are making me wish I had SimCity! The light shining on the water in that first picture is lovely.

Your residents seem very happy with all their green smiling faces!

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Ollie - 25-05-2013 08:49 AM

(25-05-2013 08:25 AM)Caspin Wrote:  That looks fun, now you are making me wish I had SimCity! The light shining on the water in that first picture is lovely.

that's the whole idea. Mwhahahaahaahaahaahahaah.

(25-05-2013 08:25 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Your residents seem very happy with all their green smiling faces!

They better be happy or else they are in need for a visit by the grim reaper.

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Caspin - 25-05-2013 11:02 AM

How delightfully evil you are to tempt me in this manner, with your shiny pictures and happy little sims! Maybe one day I'll get it but I have a lot of Sims 3 things to do at the mo. In the meantime I can enjoy watching your game!

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Sim_Lad - 08-08-2013 12:17 PM

I haven't been on this for months, Since it had loads off bugs on it.

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Caspin - 30-08-2013 04:19 PM

Nooooooooooo! Why can't they produce anything at all that works properly?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23896301

"Owners of Apple computers are reporting big problems with the Mac version of SimCity. Many who bought the game, released on 29 August, said it did not work correctly on either old or new Macs."

"Currently, the support pages for SimCity are dominated by messages from Mac owners reporting a wide variety of glitches."

I hoped that the Mac version would work because (1) they made a native version for the operating system, (2) they delayed releasing the game to get it right - ahahahahahahahaha, my aching sides, and (3) I thought that by now the SimCity servers would have been stabilised or would at least be less busy after the big rush of PC players buying their version.

What foolish optimism on my part.

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Minty - 31-08-2013 10:28 AM

(30-08-2013 04:19 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Nooooooooooo! Why can't they produce anything at all that works properly?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23896301

"Owners of Apple computers are reporting big problems with the Mac version of SimCity. Many who bought the game, released on 29 August, said it did not work correctly on either old or new Macs."

"Currently, the support pages for SimCity are dominated by messages from Mac owners reporting a wide variety of glitches."

I hoped that the Mac version would work because (1) they made a native version for the operating system, (2) they delayed releasing the game to get it right - ahahahahahahahaha, my aching sides, and (3) I thought that by now the SimCity servers would have been stabilised or would at least be less busy after the big rush of PC players buying their version.

What foolish optimism on my part.
EA's attitude to Macs stinks. Their attitude is they are a tiny market not worth bothering about. Yet in the last 5 years the number of Apple Mac owners has doubled to 72 million worldwide, mostly because it has finally broken off the reputation of being only for grown ups doing grown up things (educational or business). That's a lot of game players needing catered for.

Why does Apple not start up their own games division creating great games exclusive to Mac as an incentiviser for people to switch?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Caspin - 31-08-2013 01:07 PM

It seems that some Mac people are playing SimCity without too many problems, BluebellFlora for one, so at least it's not 100% of players. There are still a large number complaining, though - this is the last thing EA needed after the debacle that was the PC launch earlier in the year. The learning curve is just too steep for them, it would seem.

You are right, there are lots of Apple product-users these days. All those iPods and iPads for a start.

Now I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a light beating with the frying pan for using the word "incentiviser"!

Fryingpan Tongue

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Ollie - 07-09-2013 06:30 AM

It's quite unfortunate the amount of attention that is given to mac gamers, casual or "hardcore" (I hate that word), not just by EA, but by a lot of companies.

Anyway, I've quite enjoyed the recent SimCity update, particularly the new raise/lower road tools.
I must say I wished I'd gotten SimCity 4, instead of Need For Speed Most Wanted as my "apology" game from EA.

RE: Official Simcity Thread - Caspin - 07-09-2013 09:29 AM

Yes the older SimCity games were brilliant, although I suppose they might look a bit dated. They worked well though!

Do you have more pictures of your town or have you just been mucking about?