www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Sims 2 Serial Code - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Sims 2 Serial Code (/showthread.php?tid=11784)

Sims 2 Serial Code - kellleyy - 15-12-2013 04:46 AM

I am trying to install my Sims 2 Double Deluxe and I have to enter my serial code, but when I try to put it the letters it doesn't show up, it only shows the numbers.

Please help!

RE: Sims 2 Serial Code - Caspin - 15-12-2013 05:31 PM

Sorry, this isn't something we can help with (also, did you not read the warning at the top of each forum about technical questions?). I know that EA often tell people to ask about their problems in "the forum" but they mean the EA forum and I think the TS2 one is closed now.

No clues about this issue, in any case.

Maybe try posting here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/bd-p/the-sims-2

RE: Sims 2 Serial Code - Minty - 15-12-2013 10:38 PM

Makes sure you are trying to install the game not in Windows 7 or 8 mode, it won't let you do so if I remember correctly. You need to do it in Windows XP compatibility mode or whatever, same nonsense I found when trying to install & run European Air War from the same period in time.

(I'll let you off with the first post being a tech post, since it's Christmas!) Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Sims 2 Serial Code - Caspin - 16-12-2013 12:28 AM

Splendid, now Minty's made me look like the bad cop by letting people off with their tech queries. Wait, that's ace. I am the law! Tongue

RE: Sims 2 Serial Code - Minty - 16-12-2013 03:15 PM

Sorry Caspin, that wasn't intentional. Usually I'd punt them with nowt else but a "you are the weakest link, goodbye", but coming up to Christmas, we may also see a few Sims 2 types from the past getting all nostalgic, try to reinstall their Sims 2 discs into their more modern machines & come crying here when it doesn't work.

This way we're saving ourselves a bit of work later (he said in hope more than expectation!).

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Sims 2 Serial Code - Caspin - 16-12-2013 11:53 PM

Don't be daft, you go ahead and play good cop anytime you like. Just so long as there's uniforms involved. Big Grin