www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE! - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE! (/showthread.php?tid=11802)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Caspin - 13-04-2015 08:55 AM

(16-06-2014 06:07 PM)Minty Wrote:  Can forgive them it for the rest of the rejig - especially the ending (see Caspin if you can spot what I did, or rather WHO I did!).

OK, last night I finished reviewing series 4. I so enjoyed reliving those exciting battles! But despite diligently staring at the final scene, I still don't know who I am supposed to notice. All I saw was Arya ride up on her horse, some guys on the dock packing what I suppose to be salt, then she gives her coin to the captain and they set off. What am I missing?

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Wandarine - 13-04-2015 07:56 PM

I can double what Caspin found out - nothing Dunno
Just watched it again. I'm pretty sure one of the workers on the harbor is suposed to look like someone we know and I'm almost sure it's the Hound - it's always him when someone claims to have seen someone. Only the workers all look the same to me, and none of them is 2 meters tall.

Also, about 5.1: A bit disappointed. I was promised a big change of what's in the books! Nothing changed!
But, on the other hand: More episodes!!! Yahoo

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Minty - 14-04-2015 08:54 AM

Neither of you thought that the captain of Arya's boat looked strangely like her old "water dancing" master?

I'm already up to episode 4 thanks to the leaks, which I suspect HBO did on purpose judging by their slowness to take any of them down - 4 days later & I can see the same download links work perfectly [oh the intrigue!].

With the books they're concentrating on now having such a bad reputation, I think they've done this hoping all the old fans go mental on the net about how brill the changes are, keeping the hype up.

They are sticking to the basic plot - sort of. There's a lot of subtle changes that gives him places to go with the characters. Martin's all but admitted from the four episodes I've watched that he's wrote himself into a corner & this is an opportunity to rejig. Episodes 2 & 4 are NUTS! Yahoo

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Wandarine - 14-04-2015 05:06 PM

Quote: Neither of you thought that the captain of Arya's boat looked strangely like her old "water dancing" master?
Nope, he doesn't. Or only a little. Maybe they're distant cousins? Big Grin
But the two of them being the same person wouldn't make very much sense as far as I can see. Wouldn't he have recognised her?

I've only seen episode 1 so far. I'm probably going to watch them every monday, just like.. I'm supposed to? Or am I not? Will we ever know?

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Caspin - 15-04-2015 11:02 AM

We will take Minty to the optician later on Tongue

From what I have heard, the "leaked" episodes were given to people by HBO to be previewed, but presumably they were not supposed to be then put online in their entirety. They seem in no hurry to remove them so I guess they are happy for people to see them, for the hype as you suggest.

I have not seen any yet so I will be avoiding this thread until I get started. Having said that, my chance of avoiding spoilers is slim unless I go and live in a cave with no chance of meeting any other humans and no internet (which I actually think sounds quite peaceful and pleasant). Enjoy your Thrones in the meantime!

RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Minty - 17-04-2015 11:57 PM

(14-04-2015 05:06 PM)Wandarine Wrote:  
Quote: Neither of you thought that the captain of Arya's boat looked strangely like her old "water dancing" master?
Nope, he doesn't. Or only a little. Maybe they're distant cousins? Big Grin
But the two of them being the same person wouldn't make very much sense as far as I can see. Wouldn't he have recognised her?

Remember that the Faceless of Braavos do not openly show recognition of one another in public (part of their training) Tongue It would be a simple enough feign for Syrio Forel like Jaqen H'ghar, as would changing his appearence. Remember that Syrio told Arya that there was only god, and that was Death - only the Faceless of Braavos believe this.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

Game Of Thrones Thread - Minty - 02-06-2015 09:56 PM

SOME PREVIOUS RAMBLINGS SCATTERED ACROSS SF

From post 18001

Tyrion rocked at the siege of King's Landing. The half man was more of a man than the rest of them put together. I really REALLY wished Sansa had punched f**k out of Sersei when she insisted on giving her wine sodden "wisdom" during the siege, God how I HATE her! Had Arya been there it would have gone without saying, & she'd have told the Hound to stop being a wuss & get back out there.

That's what the Hound needs full stop - someone like Arya to tell him to stop feeling so perma-sorry for himself for having a waffled face because his brother was a psycho dickhead. That's what his "I'm so evil" crap comes from, the big chip on his shoulder because of what was done to him as a child. He won't even be friendly with the one person reaching out to him, Tyrion, because he's so wrapped up in his "I'm so evil" mask to hide his perma-boohoome. Big bloody girly twit.

From post 18003

Anne Boleyn? You mean the Red Priestess? Aye, she does look rather like her! Biggrin

Can't say she's a favourite of mine either. She reminds me of all the menopausal middle aged cougars I encountered running new age or pagan shops back when it was fashionable to do so. Lots of hocus pocus & trying to act esoteric in the hope they'll get to bonk some emo teenager on the back of it by being their surrogate mother oh I'm sorry I meant coven high priestess of the craft.

I suppose she's doing her job right in being so utterly annoying.

From post 18033

Read something about GOT that should interest you. You remember Jaqen H'ghar aka Cool Girl's Murder Friend Biggrin

You remember how he knew Arya's real name from the start when in the cage asking for water?

You know how he was taken from the dungeons of King's Landing?

Do you remember who vanished during the betrayal of the Starks at King's Landing, his head not being on the spikes Joffrey make Sansa see?

[Image: Arya-Stark-and-Syrio-Forel-house-stark-2...3-1199.jpg]

Syrio Forel, Arya's sword tutor & former first sword of Braavos. Shocked

It's something to think about, especially since he never died in the books or the TV show.

RE: Game Of Thrones (In General) Thread - Minty - 02-06-2015 10:04 PM

For those wondering what this is, I thought it might be an idea to gather all the GOT stuff into one central thread, rather than it dotting around the General Nonsense & Season 4 thread.

Any takers?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE! - Minty - 02-06-2015 10:13 PM

How incredible an episode was last night?!!!!

Tyrion back to his old epic self & dishes out some home truths to someone long overdue them, that evil EVIL BITCH getting even more of a taste of the misery & humiliation she's dished out to everyone else since series 1, & the White Walkers make up for doing little since the whole show started in epic fashion & putting the forthcoming Stannis vs Psycho Boltons punchup at Winterfell into horrifying context.

Can't wait for next week Yahoo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE! - Wandarine - 03-06-2015 02:53 PM

Good idea putting all of this together!

Next week is already episode 9! The 9th episode is always full of serious poo! Can't wait! (Well, actually, since tomorrow is another holiday and it's practically a long weekend, I CAN wait for monday.)

I've never liked all of these "X is actually Y incognito"-fuss, but this theory (Syrio = Jaqen) actually makes some sense! More sense than Mance = Rhaegar, anyway... But if you listen to the internet, everyone is everyone anyway.

Speaking of episode 8, I have to confess I did not like it that much.
Fighting scenes are hard to focus on, but you still have to pay attention or you may miss an important death!

Oh, and now that Sansa knows her brothers are still alive, how about some screen time for them? They're lord and heir to the north after all...

EDIT: OH God the forum out-censored me. Serious poo. This is hilarious. Big Grin