www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Member of the Month - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Member of the Month (/showthread.php?tid=3556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Member of the Month - Majick - 23-10-2008 01:10 AM

I think it'd be cool to have a Member of the Month contest.

Say, on the first of each month one of the Admins set up a poll of 3 or 4 members who they believe deserve the title of Member of the Month for the month previous (the poll that starts oct. 1st would be for the month of Sept, for example), and then everyone else votes.

But, the biggest rule would be that No one can SAY who they voted for.  They can say "I voted!"  or something like that, but they cannot say WHO they voted for.

I dunno, maybe it's silly. But, what do you think?

Re: Member of the Month - Chanel - 23-10-2008 02:27 AM

It sounds great!
But, it might upset members who didn't get picked. :|

Re: Member of the Month - phoebe91 - 23-10-2008 03:35 AM

It does sound like a good idea!

But the admins could always put all of the names of say the active members on a randomizer and then pick however many and make sure that everyone could get the chance to get picked.

Re: Member of the Month - Chanel - 23-10-2008 04:36 AM

That sounds good...
Thing is, I don't think there's enough regulars to do this all the time Sad

Re: Member of the Month - Rena - 23-10-2008 10:38 AM

Although, there are many regulars to choose from. Besides, no offence or anything, but I really don't think this site will last long enough to have the poll monthly. Maybe fortnightly?

Re: Member of the Month - 2qewl4u - 23-10-2008 01:17 PM

I think its a great idea! Smile and why do u think the site won't last, Rena? Sad

Re: Member of the Month - BitterReality - 23-10-2008 04:47 PM

Its a good idea I think, or it could be Member of the week, so then everyone gets a chance one way or another Big Grin

Re: Member of the Month - Happysimsdude - 23-10-2008 04:49 PM

I like the idea {yes}

Re: Member of the Month - Munsta - 23-10-2008 05:37 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know it Matt would let this go ahead.

I am kind of against the idea too, it is a good idea, but as stated before, other members might get upset by our decisions etc...

Re: Member of the Month - 2qewl4u - 23-10-2008 06:00 PM

(23-10-2008 05:37 PM)Unbreakable link Wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know it Matt would let this go ahead.

I am kind of against the idea too, it is a good idea, but as stated before, other members might get upset by our decisions etc...
I don't think people are that childish...