www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
help! installing the sims 2 problem! - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Technical Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: help! installing the sims 2 problem! (/showthread.php?tid=4200)

Pages: 1 2

help! installing the sims 2 problem! - woahkatie - 02-01-2009 06:50 AM

okay, today when i was installing the sims 2 game for my PC it was going perfectly fine until it told me to put in disc 3. it went to 59% and then it stopped and a thing came up and said that a problem has accured trying to transfer the file ... from the media. do you want to retry or cancel the installation. and i keep pushing retry but it wont do anythying, it just keeps popping up!! please help me, what do i do?? how do i get it to keep installing?? thanks so much =) oh and dotn tell me to clean the disk because its clean! and yes there is enough space for the thing to be installed. please help.

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - phoebe91 - 02-01-2009 06:51 AM

Could you tell us exactly what the error message was? What file was it?

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - Bat - 02-01-2009 06:53 AM

In addition to what Phoebe has asked, do you have the latest drivers? Have you restarted? Have you tried canceling and then doing it?

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - woahkatie - 02-01-2009 06:54 AM

i have restarted it my computer, i have cancelled the installation literally 5 times and tried it 5 times. ok i will tell you what it exactly says in a couple of minutes cause i have to do the process again.

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - phoebe91 - 02-01-2009 06:57 AM

Okay ^^ With the exact error message, hopefully something will come up in the search.

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - woahkatie - 02-01-2009 07:16 AM

ok this is what it says exactly:
A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData/Res/Sims3D/Sims12.package' from the media. do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - Bat - 02-01-2009 07:17 AM

Is this disk new or old? Has it been installed before?

Also, are your computer drivers up to date?

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - woahkatie - 02-01-2009 07:20 AM

i dont know what you mean by new or old, but this was my friends first, so yes it has been installed before, but she uninstalled it a while ago because it gave her a headache so she gave it to me. and yes everything is up to date.

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - phoebe91 - 02-01-2009 07:21 AM

I googled your error message and these troubleshooting tips came up: http://forums.techguy.org/2208139-post110.html

Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem! - Bat - 02-01-2009 07:46 AM

That is what I got too Phoebe!