www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Technical Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought (/showthread.php?tid=4378)

Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - MKLADY63 - 19-01-2009 09:18 PM

I just got a new laptop and copied my old Sims 2 file onto an external hard drive and then copied and pasted it into my new laptop after installing all my games.  Now when I get into Belladona none of the apartment building have a $ over them to rent them, only buy them.  Got any ideas??

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - Bat - 19-01-2009 11:11 PM

Do you have the latest patch?

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - sim323 - 19-01-2009 11:13 PM

you could just enter them and do the cheat
"Changelotzoning Apartmentbase" with no quotation marks of course.
otherwise i think its cause it was unproperly installed

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - phoebe91 - 20-01-2009 12:43 AM

The best bet would just to go into each of them, using the code as stated above and changing them all manually. It'll probably take a while, but at least they would all be changed.

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - Falcon9009 - 21-01-2009 02:38 AM

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I just recently got my The Sims 2 Double Deluxe computer game. And when I tried to install it, it would get to 70% and a error would come up. So I closed it and tried it again and another error showed up at 41% this time. So I closed it and tried to install it again and another error showed up but this time at 12%...I don't know what to do..
Thanks for your help.

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - phoebe91 - 21-01-2009 02:41 AM

^ You should make a new topic and post the exact error, then we will be able to help you more.

Re: Apartments are unabled to be rented only bought - Falcon9009 - 21-01-2009 02:55 AM

Yeah I know, sorry wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.