www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 13-03-2013 04:07 PM

That's a shame. Still, you can always visit France another time, without the school group (then you won't have to have French lessons while you are on holiday and can focus on eating pastries instead).

World challenge in Africa does sound exciting!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 13-03-2013 09:30 PM

Bloody hell, an Argie pope - & Jesuit at that! Guess the Church of England will be popping champagne tonight, the threat is over so long as his bum's on the papal throne. I thought the Brazilian guy was a stick on - biggest Catholic nation. They'll not be pleased about it going to an Argie Archbishop instead of their cardinal.

It could all be a massive betting scam of course: odds on Bergoglio were 80/1 to land it when they went in, but crashed to 25/1 by today, & there were lots of Argie flags in that crowd in St Peter's Square. Did they know something? Loads of Argies put bets on, win small fortunes, bankrupt nation's prosperity turns the corner as a result & they can claim "IT'S A MIRACLE!"

Next Pope steps down in five years time, repeat with another rank outsider, repeat until world poverty eradicated by 2040.
Dan Brown, eat your heart out! Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 13-03-2013 09:33 PM

I can't believe that Father* Dougal didn't make it.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 13-03-2013 09:39 PM

He came behind Richard Dawkins - who was appropriately 666 to 1! Biggrin

After all the work he put in too.

[Image: 563178_530811726939534_1841652151_n.jpg]

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 20-03-2013 11:32 AM

The block, it's the most intense Australian renovation show, jeez.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 20-03-2013 11:58 PM

I'm thinking that Caspin's going to do her nut when she hears this!

"Out-of-work Kenny Dalglish will finish the season as Britain's best-paid manager and the fifth highest-paid in the world, new figures from France Football magazine have revealed.

Liverpool accounts showed they were forced to pay off Dalglish and his staff with £9.5 million at the start of the season after deciding to replace him with Brendan Rodgers. According to the magazine, £8.52m of that went straight into the pocket of the Scotsman, making him this season's highest-paid British coach without even having to manage a single game.

Dalglish was on a reported salary of around £3.5m while he was at Anfield and a tweet went viral when he left the club that read: "Kenny Dalglish has asked that the £8 million compensation owed to him after his sacking be put towards new Liverpool signings. Amazing gesture."

Angry Liverpool fans then bombarded the Liverpool Echo with phone calls asking why the local paper had not reported Dalglish's gesture. The Echo were forced to publish a reply saying: "The simple reason is it's not true."

Dalglish won the League Cup for Liverpool last season but was criticised for paying out bloated transfer fees on unconvincing signings with the £35m paid for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll the highest fee ever paid for a British player drawing particular criticism."

£9.5 million for doing nothing on the day the chancellor announces he's going to do more to reward those who "work hard"! This bloody country's a joke!

(I also got a rejection letter for a job today. It took me three hours to prepare the application & get it just right. It took the bimbo at the recruitment agency all of EIGHT MINUTES after sending it to get the rejection back for a type of job I'd done before!).

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 21-03-2013 12:53 PM

Aw, poor unemployed Kenny and his mere £9m compo ..... excuse me while I go and do my nut, as recommended by Minty.

PissedOff

The sums of money that are paid in football are just ludicrous.

It seems to me that I'm going about life all wrong. If you are a little incompetent, you are likely to be promoted out of the way and thus you will earn more money and probably do less work. If you are highly incompetent, they'll chuck you out and give you a bunch of money to compensate you. If you just plod along, not too ambitious, just wanting to do a good day's work and then go home for some soup and sausage rolls, what you are likely to get is increasing work load as other people lose their jobs, or fear of losing your job or, at best, an ever-moving pension goalpost, putting that dream of foreign travel and time to construct raised flowerbeds in the garden using reclaimed railway sleepers ever further away.

Still, mustn't grumble.

Sorry about your application, Minty. As far as I can tell, from the assortment of unemployed friends I have here, jobs of any sort and at any level are in such short supply that even the most basic job will receive a crazy number of applications. Like 6000 people applying for two jobs in a coffee shop. And lots of posts are filled internally, with the application process being a formality that they have to go through and the folk who make the effort to put together a good application actually having zero chance of success. It's tough out there. But something will come up eventually.

I can always send a care package of polenta! Tongue

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 21-03-2013 03:26 PM

Don't even mention polenta! After my last disaster with it, I tried again, using another type with finer grains. This one refused to come into any sort of paste at all no matter how long I cooked it, as opposed to the other one that tasted bitter & I ended up having to fry it.

Tonight I'm going to try it again with milk instead of water. I AM GOING TO COOK THE F**K OUT OF THAT POLENTA UNTIL SOMETHING BASTARDING EDIBLE COMES OUT OF IT!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 21-03-2013 04:04 PM

Bitter?!

FRYING?!

Omg

Oh dear! I'm so sorry.

Now I'm going to upset you further by talking about polenta some more. It's not intentional I assure you. I just have a strong desire to solve your polenta-based woes.

Which brand do you have? Try getting a quick-cook one. Merchant Gourmet polenta in the dark blue bag is good.

1. Do not use a high heat - put a pan over a medium heat.
2. Melt a nice big lump of butter in the pan.
3. Add 200 ml milk (much nicer than with water) and stir into melted butter. Add some S&P if you wish.
4. Grab a whisk - NOT a spoon!
5. When buttery milk is hot, stir wildly with whisk while pouring in 50 g polenta.
6. Keep whisking until it starts to get thick (should only take 1-2 mins). At this point switch to a wooden spoon to avoid damage to whisk (or sanity).
7. Turn the heat right down and continue to stir until it is the preferred consistency. I like mine crazily thick.
8. The whole operation should have taken only ten minutes.

I shall now vow never to mention polenta again unless given specific permission by Minty.

Over and out.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 23-03-2013 10:05 AM

I'm thinking that the amount of snow that falls here is directly proportional to how soon I need to take an inter-city train. Woke up this morning to another winter wonderland. Looks lovely but it's Easter next week and my daffodils are now buried! Not sure I can cope with another disrupted train journey after all the madness trying to get around the country during the floods a few months ago (with those areas now being flooded again).

Maybe I should cancel all plans and just hide here with all the chocolate eggs. I could build myself a fort using the empty boxes and have a fine time being queen of the castle. Hmmm. Tempting.

Dunno