www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 26-03-2013 05:49 AM

defiantly the last option, queen of chocolate eggs.
Thank god for friends who play the sims and let me borrow University Life. EA would probably be horrified if they heard me say that, but at least it isn't piracy.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 26-03-2013 10:33 AM

Ah, you have got your hands on Uni Life!

How do you like it?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 26-03-2013 11:44 AM

Haven't yet gotten into uni.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 26-03-2013 02:57 PM

Ooooh, SF has gone all funny colours. Did we get a makeover?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 26-03-2013 03:14 PM

I had a bash at changing the colour scheme using that proposed new template Matt had (I had to change the header size to accomodate the logo.

Not sure what to think - feedback? Bear in mind that I am no coding expert, this is all very "when Minty painted the parlour", & I can switch back to the old one in an instant.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 26-03-2013 05:10 PM

It's OK, but it takes a while to get used to a new template. I like the blue and green you picked.

This parlour could do with a nice old leather sofa. And a blanket to sit under while we watch telly. It could have blue and green stripes to match the colour scheme.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 26-03-2013 08:45 PM

Is it my imagination or do the game pictures in the Sims 3 stories section look more vibrant with the new colour scheme.

Either that or it was cleaning my monitor screen that's making me think it!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 26-03-2013 10:10 PM

The whole thing looks brighter so maybe that's affecting the pictures, it's like giving them different frames isn't it. Anyway, now you've said that you think they are more vibrant I can't make any sort of sound judgment. I just keep staring at the pictures thinking "yeah they're really shiny!", clearly I'm too easily persuaded today! I'd need before and after shots.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 28-03-2013 07:22 PM

(21-03-2013 04:04 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Bitter?!

FRYING?!

Omg

Oh dear! I'm so sorry.

Now I'm going to upset you further by talking about polenta some more. It's not intentional I assure you. I just have a strong desire to solve your polenta-based woes.

Which brand do you have? Try getting a quick-cook one. Merchant Gourmet polenta in the dark blue bag is good.

1. Do not use a high heat - put a pan over a medium heat.
2. Melt a nice big lump of butter in the pan.
3. Add 200 ml milk (much nicer than with water) and stir into melted butter. Add some S&P if you wish.
4. Grab a whisk - NOT a spoon!
5. When buttery milk is hot, stir wildly with whisk while pouring in 50 g polenta.
6. Keep whisking until it starts to get thick (should only take 1-2 mins). At this point switch to a wooden spoon to avoid damage to whisk (or sanity).
7. Turn the heat right down and continue to stir until it is the preferred consistency. I like mine crazily thick.
8. The whole operation should have taken only ten minutes.

I shall now vow never to mention polenta again unless given specific permission by Minty.

Over and out.
Did it your way - worked perfectly! It's like a corny version of porridge, & is lovely. Thanks!

Put half of it in the freezer to use when the salad weather returns. One suggestion I read was freezing it & later taking it out & grilling it to use in a salad, so will try that.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 28-03-2013 07:32 PM

Yay! Wow. You really persevered with it didn't you.Clapping

Right now I'm thinking that tablets are not ideal devices for folk who can touch type. I can't actually find the keys when looking at the keyboard so it takes forever to write a sentence. Better than being offline though.