www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 25-04-2013 09:00 AM

Aw, how cute! I saw a lady walking along with a baby pug in her handbag this morning.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 25-04-2013 11:53 AM

Haha, I wish I could've seen it.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 27-04-2013 03:45 PM

I would have taken a picture but it takes me so long to find the camera on my phone that the bus had moved on..... maybe next time I'll be ready!

I am thinking that I might go to watch Iron Man III. But perhaps not today.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 27-04-2013 07:32 PM

Close result for Liverpool, that! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 27-04-2013 08:08 PM

Clapping

Yeah - we don't need that arm-chewing fool!

Biggrin

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 29-04-2013 10:52 AM

WTF is this show?
What is the TV industry coming to seriously, a TV show with celebrities jumping from diving boards. Who watches this rubbish?

Also after all this controversy about wether or not Australia is racist, now there are new advertisements for another TV show about a mock-up Indian family with terrible Indian accents. Talk about face palm.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 29-04-2013 08:26 PM

Deary me, can we push the celebrities off the boards? That might be more fun.

TV in general is so rubbish these days isn't it. Hard to believe there were only four channels to choose from until recent times. Now every time I switch it on I seem to be inundated with millions of updates to add extra shopping channels and new ways to top-up your mobile phone via the telly. Drives me crazy. I have also developed a low tolerance for adverts, so I tape everything and watch it later so I can fast-forward them. Or watch box-sets of DVDs or downloads. At the moment I'm enjoying Damages. In fact series 4 is calling to me.

Smile

RE: What are you thinking right now? - bobert26 - 02-05-2013 01:34 PM

I really enjoyed the few episodes of Damages I watched but I never really kept up with it. I don't watch much on the actual tv... I don't have Sky so I have to watch Game Of Thrones online.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 03-05-2013 11:57 AM

Game Of Thrones - one of these days I WILL attempt to watch it.

From the Tories HQ this morning:

"In recent months and weeks, this party has made a number of statements and allegations about the United Kingdom Independent Party. We have suggested that Ukip was a collection of clowns, a party largely made up of fruitcakes, racists and other undesireables. We have suggested that a vote for Ukip denoted either a defective mind or an incoherent and childish anger at the world.

"In the light of new information recently received [yeah, the Council Council election results!], we now realise that those statements were wholly without merit or foundation and we withdraw them with immediate effect and undertake never to repeat them. Far from being a bunch of swivel-eyed nut-jobs, we now acknowledge that Ukip and its adherents are expressing legitimate concerns about various important aspects of public policy."

It's this sort of abrupt about-turn that frightens me most regarding the people we have currently in power - their willingness to complete change face the millisecond after getting thumped at the ballot box. Had they listened to voters in the first place - what's meant to be their jobs - it wouldn't have happened.

Instead, it's an endless cycle of being patted on the head & told "we know what's best for you" - meaning whatever's best for themselves & their rich friends, until losing people's trust so completely they are willing to take a chance on whatever mob orator has the best outside chance of pulling a shock result.

A decade ago, had you stuck a quid on the SNP have a majority in the Scottish Parliament; the Democratic Unionists running NI with Sinn Fein; the BNP, Greens & UKIP all having county council & European Parliament seats; & someone winning two separate mainland Parliamentary seats using scarcely concealed anti-semitism (George Galloway) you'd be walking away this morning a multi-millionaire.

It leaves me with a disturbing feeling not so much of what has come to pass, but of the political changes in the UK that may yet be.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 03-05-2013 12:50 PM

I normally avoid talking about politics, mostly because I don't feel sufficiently well-informed to contribute, but I will readily admit that I think we're in a big pickle with the current government. A coalition of Conservatives and Lib Dems seemed weird enough to begin with. Like mixing up chalk and cheese to see what you get. Since they've been in power they've taken to making huge changes to the things that matter most in this country, or at least to me - education and the NHS being two big obvious ones. The changes they're making are radical and they may well be irreversible. The biggest problem I have with this is that they have no mandate to act so boldly - they are stuck in a coalition because they didn't properly win. Mr Cameron seems to have forgotten this.

People throwing their weight around, even when they haven't really been awarded the power to back it up, really annoys me. People so lacking in principles that they change them every five minutes depending on what seems popular - even worse. I don't like decisions being made based on what is popular or someone's 'beliefs' (as opposed to the facts) or just because they're too lazy to do the proper research and then start backpedaling when something goes wrong. I want people who will make rational decisions based on the best information they have at the time. "Measure twice, cut once".
It's no surprise that other parties are getting more votes. Voters have to vote for someone and the choices aren't that great. Plus what you vote for isn't necessarily what you get with people so willing to ditch and revise their policies and their principles at every turn.

Makes me want to move somewhere else, but I haven't quite identified where!

Re: Game of Thrones. After a couple of episodes I was completely addicted!
Yes