www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-05-2013 10:11 AM

I'm thinking that sometimes Minty sounds like a cartoon character with his "holy schmoley"s and his "good golly"s. Biggrin Tongue

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 16-05-2013 09:27 PM

I'm thinking that Natalia Tena ought to have been the one to play Bellatrix in the Harry Potter movies judging by the way she's playing in Game Of Thrones. Completely creepy & utterly psychotic, even for a wilding.

I'm also thinking that Ygritte proves that even epic fantasy worlds are not immune from chavs.

[Image: tumblr_m41oxpN6K41r1f7a6o1_500.png]

"Anyone know where the nearest off-licence is? I need tae get ma dinner! An' gonnae someone hurry up an' invent Burberry an' trakkie gear for us?"

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 17-05-2013 08:40 AM

You're right! The funny thing is that the actress who plays Ygritte is posh in real life - she grew up in a castle! She does chav wilding pretty convincingly. I read an article about her in which she said she found it easy to adopt her northern accent because she'd already practiced it while playing a housemaid in Downton Abbey.

Smile

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 17-05-2013 09:19 AM

The moment I hear anyone chavving it up that well, I always think "public school!"

Game Of Thrones Drinking Game.

You have to take a gulp every time one of the following happens -

Ayra Stark says she's going to kill someone.

Someone calls Jon Snow "bustard" (you know what I mean, the language filter will alter it!)

Tyrion Lannister makes an epigram.

Daenerys Targaryen calls herself "mother of dragons"

Ygritte says "You know nuttin' Jon Snow."

Hodor says "Hodor"

Everytime Cersei Lannister called Sansa Stark "Little Dove"

Bran dreams about a three eyed raven

One of the main characters in that episode's story gets their kit off.

Every time Cersei Lannister's mannerisms makes you want to punch the TV.

Every time Theon Greyjoy ends up looking an idiot.

Every time King Joffrey acts like Draco Malfoy.

Every time Gilly the Wilding makes her Bugs Bunny face.

Every time Osha pulls a face like she's tripping on milk of the poppy.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 17-05-2013 09:43 AM

That sounds fun. Will get DVDs out and see how that goes!

We've been playing the Damages Drinking Game: take a gulp everytime Patty or Ellen does. Everyone present should be off their head about twenty minutes into the first episode!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - bobert26 - 17-05-2013 11:12 AM

Ygritte's a bit of a babe in real life and she is very posh. You'll grow to like her more in season three.

Just a random, ignorant question, but why is it that British working class people seem so unpleasant?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 17-05-2013 12:03 PM

I am thinking that in RL the Ygritte actress has really lovely hair. I Heart her hair.

I find that there are unpleasant people in all classes (as well as some pleasant ones of course).

You can do a ridiculous test on the BBC website to see which of the "new" classes you fall into :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

I have to say I found it a rather strange test. If I enter the information just for myself, I am "an emergent service worker". If I enter the combined information for my household then I become a member of the "technical middle class". It doesn't make a lot of sense, as the first group are supposed to have high levels of cultural and social engagement, the second group gets low scores in the same categories, even though I didn't change anything in those parts of the test. Just daft, really.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 24-05-2013 08:47 PM

I am thinking that the garden is going to receive some abuse this weekend. It has rained all day and everything is soaked. Last time the lawn was this wet, the "gardener" tried to mow it using a strimmer. Since then he has abandoned this woefully small-scale grass-cutting tool and arrives with one of those lawn mowers that you drive! Total overkill for a domestic lawn. It doesn't even cut the grass, it just flattens it. If he tries using that on the grass this weekend, it will be like driving through a small stream.

Oh well. Good luck to him!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 24-05-2013 09:36 PM

One of our neighbours is only happy cutting the grass when it's wet. I think he has a death wish. His patch has a slope & I've watched him slip & fall on his brains twice.

OK, this is not funny. I am being cursed by the fingernail evil fairy, who sneaks into your bedroom at night & makes three random fingernails regrow completely overnight the day after you cut them perfect!

Also, there's half a Jalfrezi I need to use up by tomorrow, but first I need to get myself a fire extinguisher as that stuff really doesn't agree with me.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 24-05-2013 10:38 PM

You have three fingernails that grow during the night? Blimey. I am thinking that you might have been cursed or something!

After jalfrezi, eat yogurt.

Yes