www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 30-06-2013 09:49 AM

[Image: faint-o.gif]

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 30-06-2013 02:45 PM

I am thinking that it would be beneficial for me not to spend too long at the computer today. It is very hot and windy today and the downstairs neighbour has been yelling her shameless head off for hours. I hate hearing people shout like that. I got so tired last week, I don't want a repeat of that this week, so I want a nice relaxing Sunday and then a good night's sleep. This afternoon I will mostly be reading some Agatha Christie and drinking a pot of tea. Why read Agatha Christie? Because I watched the latest Poirot last night and realised that even though I have read all of the Poirots and all of the Marples, I can no longer remember whodunnit in most of them!

Does anyone have Island Paradise, by the way?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 01-07-2013 09:34 AM

Hmm, Monday again. I did manage to read much of "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" yesterday and drank plenty of darjeeling. The weekend ended with a minor domestic crisis when the cord that must be pulled to turn the bathroom lights on and off decided to snap in a dramatic fashion, leaving the light stuck on. Fortunately we were able to fix it and I found it quite exciting to throw the trip switches to turn of the electricity and then start unscrewing fittings by the light of a torch. It should be all right for a while longer now but those things are of horrifyingly flimsy construction - really it is just a wire spring and a bit of knotted string.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 01-07-2013 05:10 PM

I'm thinking that it's beginning to look worrying in Egypt again & I hope Ahmed's OK.

Knew this would happen if they gave the Muslim Brotherhood any power, glad the Egyptians are making sure they haven't got rid of one lousy crook only to put another lot in charge.

Oh shoot - the army's said 48 hours to clear matters up, or they're doing their impression of Oliver Cromwell with the Rump Parliament again!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/07/201371145513525182.html

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 01-07-2013 07:19 PM

Gosh yes I hope Ahmed will check in and let us know he is OK. Or is he still on holiday? I've lost track of the travellers.

The Egyptian people seem adept at making their voices heard, that's for sure. There've been some amazing pictures and video footage of the most enormous crowds of protesters. Amazing.

Meanwhile, everything's on fire - from Arizona to Smethwick ! Those floating lanterns are beautiful but my gods are they dangerous.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 02-07-2013 10:10 AM

Well that was awkward, someone that I know was just on neighbours.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Where they really?! As an extra?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

No, it was more of a side character.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 03-07-2013 07:23 PM

I'm thinking my nerves are in shreds between watching what's happening in Wimbledon & what's happening in Cairo at the same time.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 05-07-2013 10:57 PM

Egypt doesn't seem to be having much of a happy party anymore.