www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 12-10-2013 05:44 PM

Good heavens, how big are these houses? That's about £500,000 I think.

Very sorry to hear of your predicament, Ollie, and I hope you find a good house soon.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 13-10-2013 11:37 AM

What happened to this housing market crash we're always being told about where they can't give them away? Shocked

My brother is selling off the flat he's been renting (he used to live in it, but couldn't sell it when he moved due to work) deciding he can't be bothered with the "hassle" of being one of the landlord class, & is selling it to the neighbour in a cash deal. A - CASH - DEAL. I'm thinking this has the words "disaster incoming" written all over it.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 13-10-2013 06:58 PM

Cash deal? Sounds a bit dubious.

I've concluded that I could afford to buy a house in the north, but only by working in the south. Perhaps I should buy a house for my brother to live in and then he could pay rent to me.

Ollie's situation sounds urgent and I hope they find somewhere. Is it normal to get houses via auction in Australia?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 14-10-2013 06:08 AM

Yeah, a lot of people down here are selling via auctions because there are lots of rich asian buyers coming in to Australia (not that there's anything wrong with that), I was told by a neighbour the reason for this is because if Chinese buy a property for something like between $500,000 - a million and something they could gain permanent residency, as to wether that's true or not I don't know. What I do know is that if you invest $5,000,000 in our economy and live here for what I think is 40 days a year for 4 years, you can get permanent residency. I kind of think that our system is flawed.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 14-10-2013 09:43 AM

Well that's a total pain in the backside for normal Australians who want to find a house in their own neighbourhood. It happens everywhere, with property being bought up by rich people to use as holiday homes or second homes or to charge a small fortune as a rental property, so that local people are priced out of the market. There are pretty coastal villages in Cornwall that are about 95% holiday homes, or that's how it seems anyway. Must be deserted in the winter I should think.

So what will you do if you can't find a place to buy in the next few weeks? Can you find somewhere else to rent, maybe temporarily, to buy you some more time?

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 14-10-2013 09:17 PM

Yeah, I think I over-heard my mum saying that we might have to rent. Although we still have one house in our sights that thankfully isn't going up for auction.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 27-10-2013 12:11 AM

I am thinking that it is very fortunate that we gain an hour tonight, seeing as my idiot neighbours don't want to let me sleep yet. I hope they're not going to argue all night. Their relationship is so pointless.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 27-10-2013 07:44 AM

Well I hope my neighbours are enjoying their extra hour in bed. I think I fell asleep at about 1 am when they finally decided to quit yelling, but I woke at 5 am, which was of course secretly 4 am. That is not enough sleep, but now the wind is really kicking up and I can't settle.

Waaaaaaaarrrrrrgh! I might go a bit nuts. I feel both exhausted and wired at the same time. Heeeeelp!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Tasia714 - 27-10-2013 08:23 AM

(27-10-2013 07:44 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Well I hope my neighbours are enjoying their extra hour in bed. I think I fell asleep at about 1 am when they finally decided to quit yelling, but I woke at 5 am, which was of course secretly 4 am. That is not enough sleep, but now the wind is really kicking up and I can't settle.

Waaaaaaaarrrrrrgh! I might go a bit nuts. I feel both exhausted and wired at the same time. Heeeeelp!

Hi Caspin, my neighbors are having a big Halloween Party tonight. They are being quiet but I am not used to all the traffic back here. We live well off of the main road and so any extra traffic is noticed by nosy me.. smile. I have finally finished getting pictures and story all put together and am ready to post but I think I am too tired to do so. Omg I will have to get to it tomorrow. Hope you get some sleep. I know my pillow is calling me.

(27-10-2013 08:23 AM)Tasia714 Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 07:44 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Well I hope my neighbours are enjoying their extra hour in bed. I think I fell asleep at about 1 am when they finally decided to quit yelling, but I woke at 5 am, which was of course secretly 4 am. That is not enough sleep, but now the wind is really kicking up and I can't settle.

Hi Caspin, my neighbors are having a big Halloween Party tonight. They are being quiet but I am not used to all the traffic back here. We live well off of the main road and so any extra traffic is noticed by nosy me.. smile. I have finally finished getting pictures and story all put together and am ready to post but I think I am too tired to do so. Omg I will have to get to it tomorrow. Hope you get some sleep. I know my pillow is calling me.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 28-10-2013 11:07 AM

I'm thinking that maybe I should just borrow Beyond: Two Souls from a rental place, considering the game only takes about ten hours. Hmm...
But then again, borrowing the game from a rental can be quite expensive.
In the mean time, I'm still attempting to earn 100% in GTA V.