www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-11-2013 02:58 PM

Does that mean we get some SimCity pics, Ollie?

That hunter woman is a disgrace. She's made people pretty angry, that's for sure.

I am thinking that I might play a bit of Sims 3 now. Smile It's going pretty well since the last patch. Miraculous really. But first, an omelette is required.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 17-11-2013 03:30 AM

Maybe, possibly.

Anyway, I just got an interesting idea that may or may not have something to do with both Hope and YouTube that I don't believe has ever been done before in regards to the sims.

I'm also wondering should I get Showtime or Island Paradise (or none)? I have a voucher with $40 that needs to be used. I'm leaning more towards Showtime, but I've been told that Island Paradise is probably one of the best expansion packs. I guess if I got Island Paradise I could make a much better Island world. Hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

Edit: Or I could get Cities of tomorrow.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 17-11-2013 09:58 AM

I don't have Showtime. I really like Island Paradise, mainly for the boats and the resorts and the houses on stilts built out over the water. But mostly the boats. Oh and the diving! The pictures of a Cities of Tomorrow look quite good. Yeah, decisions decisions.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 20-11-2013 12:58 PM

I'm thinking Ruby Tandoh needs to suck it up that she lost some cruddy reality TV show to "the fat ugly one" despite having the entire of the media slobbering over her.

Um, maybe it was down to the fact Frances & Kimberley wiped the floor with everyone else at cooking, which was what the show was all about.

One month on, & she's still bitching about it in the media. Someone who was only put on to be the token dolly bird so thousands of Middle England men wouldn't grump when the wife told them they were watching The Great British Bake Off since she had to suffer his bloody Champions League football the night before. Especially the Guardian, who treat her like she's a saint.

Am I really the only person in the UK that DOESN'T find this egocentric plank remotely attractive. Maybe I'm getting old, but I like my women to look like women, not a ten year old girl or a survivor of a concentration camp.

OK, rant over, I feel better now & am off to clean the gutters.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 20-11-2013 01:26 PM

(20-11-2013 12:58 PM)Minty Wrote:  Maybe I'm getting old, but I like my women to look like women

You know, this makes it sound as though you have a veritable hareem of buxom lasses on standby there. Biggrin

I watched Bake Off, mainly because I really like baking and you can pick up some good tips and recipe ideas. Ruby was not my favourite contestant, although she turned out a few nice recipes (while looking miserable about it). Frances deserved to win simply because she made the best bakes during the final. That's all there is to it and I will join Minty in wishing that that was an end to it. There is no need to resort to turning it into a feminist campaign or anything other than a bunch of talented amateurs comparing scones. The WI do this all the time, sometimes with more terrifying judges than Mary Berry, but you generally do not see them having a tearful nervous breakdown in the church hall over a wonky sponge cake.

Mmmmmm sponge cake....

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 23-11-2013 09:33 PM

Uh oh, this doesn't look good. The Egyptians & Turks have fallen out big time.

In the last few minutes, it's been announced they've expelled one another's diplomatic missions. Shocked

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 29-11-2013 03:13 PM

I'm thinking that it would be good if I did not persistently misspell my own name.

Dizzy-1

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 29-11-2013 09:52 PM

I think I need tea, & hopefully the world will still be here when I get back. Now the Americans are flying B-52s fully tooled up in air space China's claiming as its own in a "what the fudge you gonna do about it?" gesture.

In happier news, Hearts look to have got their CVA - & both Vodafone & British Gas have been told they're getting nothing! Yahoo

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 30-11-2013 10:25 AM

I am thinking that I am glad you were safely at home with your teapot last night, Minty, and not in the pub.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25165894

Sad

Not so happy a St Andrew's Day for some up north of the wall (winter is coming... etc) but Google have a very cute homepage today!

[Image: StAndrewsGoogle.png]

Makes me miss Scotland quite a lot actually, with all the nice mountains and lochs and accents. Better than dirty London, which this week seemed to be filled with complete lunatics that made me want to keep off the streets and confined to the house. So many people getting angry over such trivial things.

Oh well.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 30-11-2013 02:10 PM

I knew that pub & the pub that was next door to it (the Tryst). They & the Scotia bar used to be haunts back in the days I worked for Community Service Volunteers on Clyde Street (the old "pint after work on a Friday" routine). They were a bit antiquated.

Well done to the pilot as there's little doubt he saved well over a 100 lives. The editor of the Scottish Sun was heading for home & saw the whole thing - there was a loud bang & the heli dropped like a stone, a completely irretrievable situation from the low height they were at. Yet the pilot had the presence of mind (knowing he was going to die) to cut the fuel lines in time. Had he not done so, the chopper could have exploded on impact, taking out the bar stoked up with more booze than usual to take advantage of it being the start of the office party season (plus the St Andrews day parties which of course have extra meaning this year).

There was also word that the roof didn't cave in initially, which being a tar roof I find next to unbelievable after being hit, but that was another fortunate piece of luck for those inside. Currently it's six dead & 32 injured, but it could easily have been 120 killed instantly - one of them being a player for Queen's Park FC who was part of the band gigging in the pub when the crash happened.

It's kind of spooky because I'm so used to that heli buzzing over my house (it's the only one the area has) chasing after under age neds drinking (who would shine laser pointers at it) or monitoring stolen cars. Apparantly it was checking out an incident on the railway line at the Cambuslang end when it got into trouble. It must have been trying to make it back to base when the bang went off. There's probably going to be chaos on a lot of streets locally tonight because the neds know the chopper's out of action.