www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-03-2014 09:56 AM

I'm thinking that there are one or two trees there. Yup.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 16-03-2014 03:42 PM

(15-03-2014 10:52 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Noooooooo! I don't like my new whisky. Expensive error! Sad

Oh dear, what sort is it? If it's a blend at least you can mix it with something but if it's a malt you've had it.

On the plus side, single malts are great in cooking, especially red meat. I always sling a tot in with haggis when cooking because it helps break down the greasiness you sometimes get even with the best ones.

If you really want to push the boat, in the summertime try sticking a measure into a generous scope of vanilla ice cream. Mix well, give some time to settle in the fridge, & don't blame me if you spend the rest of the day giggling your head off!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-03-2014 05:09 PM

(16-03-2014 03:42 PM)Minty Wrote:  ..... don't blame me if you spend the rest of the day giggling your head off!

Nobody would notice the difference!

The one I don't like is Glenfarclas 15 yr. It smells divine. Unfortunately the taste reminds me of some very very very bad grappa I once had (I chucked that out and I swear it nearly dissolved the kitchen sink).

Fortunately I also bought some old favourites so I can enjoy those instead. The Glenfarclas will get used up in coffee and hot chocolate so at least it won't be wasted, unless I can find someone who likes it and then they'd be welcome to take it off my hands!

Interesting idea to add it to ice-cream. I have a Magnum in the freezer - maybe I could inject some!

Biggrin

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-03-2014 07:28 PM

Anyone willing to peal and chop all these carrots? Any takers? Anyone?

Nah

Fine. I'll go back to the kitchen then.

Like fudging Cinderella.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 16-03-2014 08:15 PM

(16-03-2014 05:09 PM)Caspin Wrote:  The one I don't like is Glenfarclas 15 yr. It smells divine. Unfortunately the taste reminds me of some very very very bad grappa I once had (I chucked that out and I swear it nearly dissolved the kitchen sink).

Fortunately I also bought some old favourites so I can enjoy those instead. The Glenfarclas will get used up in coffee and hot chocolate so at least it won't be wasted, unless I can find someone who likes it and then they'd be welcome to take it off my hands!

Grappa? UGH! It's made out of distillation slops, isn't it? Or something equally disgusting. You may as well drink electric soup, I'd shudder to think what it would do to your insides!

I've found the following review of your Glenfarcias 15 on this blogsite:-

http://drwhisky.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/glenfarclas

Get this: "Fistfuls of juicy sherry, yeasty malt, and some smoke. Hehe... it's not just the box that looks like it belongs (as wallpaper) in gentleman's club, this stuff SMELLS like a gentleman's club: cologne, tobacco, newpapers, polished wood tables, leather... Hearty and burly.

Lively and assertive in the mouth, wonderfully integrated flavours. Perfumy sherry, gets buttery with spice, oak and malt. A slightly green element (celery? balsam resin? fennel?) in the middle. Some amaretto in the long, oaky finish.

SUMMARY:

Full-on and ballsy. A malt that calls attention to a conundrum of sorts that I have encountered on occasion: is it simple or complex? Now I am not using either term as evaluative or judicial, just as descriptors. The flavours are so primal or primary, painted on in confident brushstrokes, that it could be considered simple. At the same time, to perhaps a more sophisticated nose and palate than mine, the subtlety beneath the applications of these brushstrokes or colours on the canvas of my mouth could reveal great complexity. I dunno. Doesn't really matter much. This is award-winning, critically-acclaimed whisky that, and here is something I do feel qualified to evaluate, is a great bang-for-buck malt."

Yeah Dr Whisky, but Caspin says it tastes like grappa.

Who do I believe? The taster managing to sum it up in a sentence, or the stereotypical pretentious puddle-drinker doing a bad Jilly Goolden impression like every muppet I've ever encountered at a whisky tasting, wine tasting or a CAMRA run Real Ale festival ("Ah yes, I'm getting hoppy notes, citrus tones, airs of creosote & a subtle finish of boil in the bag M&S sweetcorn.")

Mmmmm, think I'll trust Caspin's palette on this one!

I don't mind peeling veg so long as I have a proper veggy peeler. My old home ec teacher got me well prepped in that department.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-03-2014 10:23 PM

Well now. "Doctor" Whisky (don't know what sort of credentials this title is meant to imply!) is right about the "fistfuls of juicy sherry" - it's kept in sherry casks foe heaven's sake! That's why it was chosen for purchase and that's why it smells so nice. The taste, though. Oh dear. You can trust Dr Caspin when I tell you it tastes awful. Bleugh!

In my defence, the first grappa I ever tasted came free at the end of a dinner in Italy. At the time I thought I liked it, so I brought a bottle home. This was a mistake. As soon as I opened the bottle I nearly threw up from the smell alone.

So what is your favourite whisky then? I'm still partial to Talisker but current top tipple is Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 Yr.

Right now I'm thinking I must sound like a right alcoholic and should shush.

I'm also wondering whether Ollie is going to say any more on the matter of those trees .......

Oh and thank you for the carrot-peeling moral support. Smile

Do they even still do home economics at school any more? I do hope so. It was really useful. Ollie, do you do that at school? I still remember being taught to write a cheque, change a fuse and a plug, make pastry and soup and cakes, sew on buttons etc. All taught by mad nuns, but still. Useful.

I think I should go and lie down now. Goodnight.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 16-03-2014 10:54 PM

Favourite whiskies? Depends on my mood, it'll be Talisker, Laphroaig or Glenmorangie (the latter strangely good with Italian food!). I used to like Auchentoshan 3-wood, but have gone off it.

Blended whiskies I admit to not being able to task a difference in any of them - except for Whyte & Mackay, which I'm convinced tastes so peppery to suit Scottish Junior football supporters buying it with a pepper ridden greasy round meat pie in the social club or the dingy pub across from most of their grounds!

I've just tried an experiment putting a shot of Ribena concentrate into Dark Island Ale. I used to love Dark Island Ale, but when Sinclair Breweries took them over, corners were certainly cut & their ales weren't the same. Dark Island became bitterer & the legendary Skullsplitter - a drink so good it was almost criminal - lost something from its pzazz. Funny enough, my experiment was a success, it tastes EXACTLY like the way it used to. There were rumours the old recipe had fruits in it but they were removed as a way of cutting costs (except in the Reserve, which DOES taste the way the old one used to except 100 times smoother), that's why it tasted more coffee like and less smooth than before. Now all I need to do is figure out the dropped ingredient from Skullsplitter.

Hic!

I feel a gloat now coming on over all those that dissed me when I said Liverpool could win the English League this year. Only four behind C*****a with a game in hand, two top scorers in the league, a goal difference only bettered by the Man City bottle merchants, it's all coming together!

Nice that Aberdeen got their first trophy in 19 years. They usually win all their trophies in 20 year bursts so this must be the start of them running riot again.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 16-03-2014 11:15 PM

I know I know! Go Stevie G! Very pleasing result. Doing well, unlike my non-league home team, which managed to lose 5-1 yesterday. Never mind, could be worse, could have been 5-0.

Who are these folk dissing you for your perfectly sensible prediction? I'll have a word!

Glenmorangie eh? My dad and I had a tasting set of those last Christmas. I can't remember now which ones I liked.

I have become partial to bourbon these days too, but should possibly stop harping about drink as this is supposed to be a family-friendly show! Tongue

I really am going to bed now don't worry.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 17-03-2014 12:56 AM

I'm thinking that I may expand upon the picture of all the eucalyptus trees in a day or two. Wink

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 17-03-2014 07:52 AM

I will look forward to hearing about the Secret Project, Codename: Eucalyptus Tree. Smile