www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 14-05-2014 09:48 AM

ARGH! WTF, SOMEONE in the community has gotten to see the new CAS video early, and are bragging about it on twitter (really Pissing me off, even though he may not mean it). I just find it ridiculous that one person is allowed to see it, brag about it and spoil a bit of the hype, and yet EA can't get off their backside and upload it to allow the public to view it. so freaking stupid!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 17-05-2014 11:24 PM

I cannot believe how pissed off I am about Hull City losing the FA Cup final. I didn't care a stuff before the match, not one bit about Dull City & their boring football, but when they went 2-0 up in only 8 minutes, I thought they'd truly earned the right to win it. Also I couldn't believe the way Arsenal got away with all their diving in the box without a single player being booked or sent off for simulation - what sort of advert does that give the game around the world? Should have known when the softest ref in England got the job?

Fingers crossed tomorrow for Gateshead - howay the lads!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 18-05-2014 09:41 PM

I didn't watch the match but I could hear shouts and cheers in the distance as it has been so hot here that all the windows were wide open. It is amazing how sound carries. I know a couple of Arsenal fans (their whole lives, season ticket holders) who no longer feel like attending games because they're embarrassed by the teams's antics this season.

I am thinking that I was wise to swap to summer-weight duvet today, as the temperature remains high even after sunset.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Ollie - 21-05-2014 07:14 AM

26C? Heatwave? HAHAHAAHAH. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/hottest-day-of-the-year-expected-in-london-as-heatwave-continues-9391733.html

Maybe that's abnormal for people in London, but generally that's like an average temperature here, infact 26 or 27 degrees is the perfect temperature IMO, not too hot, but not cold either.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 21-05-2014 02:43 PM

Only Deven & Cornwall enjoy those sort of temperatures as routine, everywhere else it is rare, although for some reason the very northern tip of Scotland & an area called Galloway in the south west can be well in the 30s during the summer due to the peculiarities of the Gulf Stream while the rest of Scotland buckets with rain!

I like my sunshine to be bearable enough to enjoy rather than endure.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 21-05-2014 04:51 PM

Yes it must seem hilarious to people being roasted in Oz to hear us complaining of 20-something degrees, just as the Canadians must laugh at us when the country shuts down over three snowflakes falling. Personally I prefer cold weather to sunshine and I really like the rain, so this sort of weather is rubbish as far as I'm concerned. If everyone else cheered up (i.e. shut up) then I could live with it, but after a winter of "it's so cold, I hate this weather" now it's warm they're all "it's too hot, I hate this weather". Can't please some of the people any of the time!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 27-05-2014 06:56 PM

Helloooooooooo! Echhhooooooooo!

Anyone home? Nope. OK. I'll be in the kitchen, massacring some asparagus.

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 28-05-2014 12:04 PM

Sorry I've been AWOL, real life s**t to deal with.

I'm thinking that the last few days has cheered me up no end with the Euro results. Watching all those greedy sods that have done nothing but get fat salaries for doing nothing for 5 years losing what they thought was their cushy numbers for life, especially down in the south west which has seen nothing but fishing quotas destroying communities. But I'm not foolish enough to think the new ones will be any better - same old same old.

My brother went to Aberdeen with his wife & as I warned them they found it too cold on what was the warmest day of the year there so far Biggrin So the big move's off.

I'm thinking I bet it rains the moment I finish putting a washing out! BangHead

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Caspin - 29-05-2014 09:11 AM

Whereas the election results made me angry and scared, as well as infuriated with the skewed media coverage and utterly frustrated with people who don't bother to vote at all but are now complaining about the outcomes.

Fishing communities do suffer from badly thought-out fishing policies, but I do think we need some sort of system or we will run out of fish completely. That may be inevitable anyway with the way we treat the environment. What does baffle me is quotas for specific types of fish, resulting in everything else caught being thrown back in, dead or alive, which is just a ridiculous waste of food. I have family and friends in the SW and their villages are adversely affected by people buying second (or third!) homes down there, to visit once per year and leave abandoned the rest of the time. There are no houses for local people to buy, or not at a price that most normal people can afford.

I am thinking that it is possible that we have quite different political views, Minty, but I hope we can still be friends and I will endeavour to do all my ranting in a more appropriate forum. Tongue

I nearly went to university in Aberdeen. I really liked it there. But yes, very cold!

I am thinking I should get going or I will miss my train. Go go go!

Edit: I made the train hoorah!

RE: What are you thinking right now? - Minty - 29-05-2014 08:06 PM

You may find that we agree on more than you may think, as I'm not a supporter of any set political party or perspective.

Many years ago, I used to help out an old friend who was sometimes hired out to be an election agent & all round organiser on tap, back in the days before parties began employing full time regional election officers to do so. It was a good laugh going to various point of the compass (although it was a LONG day), but also more than a bit of an eye opener as to how false politics has become - especially by-election "ask the candidates" TV specials where almost all the "local audience" are party people.

Yeah, the holiday homes business is a real problem in the SW (& Wales & north Scotland). At least in the West Country they don't go around firebombing them as they do up here as if it somehow solves the problem. I still remember when they banned fishing for cod & the even longer 10 year herring ban. Of course, no lessons were learned as usual.