www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What are you thinking right now? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What are you thinking right now? (/showthread.php?tid=7360)

Re: What are you thinking right now? - Cassie - 15-02-2010 03:17 PM

(15-02-2010 03:07 PM)Matt link Wrote:[quote author=CassieeBethh link=topic=7755.msg308794#msg308794 date=1266242704]
I'm asking my aunt today if she can spare a poor innocent girl £25. Let's all guess the answer now! xD
Does she know anybody fitting that description?! Wink
[/quote]

GET OUT MATT. [Image: snob.gif]

That's what she'll say though.

'I don't know any poor innocent girls! Sorry!' and then push me out the door. It's happened before when I asked for some cash. Oh, family life. =]

She lives opposite me, about 10 seconds away, I can see her house from my window. So it happens everyday. Since she's an easy target. Occasionally, like once a year, she gives in. And that's called Christmas.

Re: What are you thinking right now? - 2qewl4u - 15-02-2010 03:30 PM

I'm not close enough with my family to ask them for money. lol
We live 2 hours away

Re: What are you thinking right now? - bobert26 - 15-02-2010 04:28 PM

LOL, I have to buy most stuff myself, too. Big Grin

Re: What are you thinking right now? - 2qewl4u - 15-02-2010 09:16 PM

I'm feeling hungry

Re: What are you thinking right now? - Cassie - 15-02-2010 09:18 PM

I'm not really close with my family except my aunty. She's as annoying but as funny as my own mum [well she is her sister, lol].

I have keys to her house. I'm allowed to go in when she's at work, eat her food and watch her massive TV [let's say she's better off than we are, primarily because she's lived alone all her life so the only person she has to spend money on is herself =P]. It's all good fun, it's like a second mum & a second home right across the road.

Plus she has Sky and all the channels, whereas we have Virgin Media [but only the Freeview Channels], so I'm sort of in heaven over there. xD

Re: What are you thinking right now? - serp3821 - 15-02-2010 09:32 PM

(13-02-2010 08:19 PM)@Steven! link Wrote:[quote author=CassieeBethh link=topic=7755.msg308429#msg308429 date=1266070629]
And tbh, I don't think Steven, you personally, would be in your comfort zone living over here. Stick with Australia. =]

oohh I see. Like what? Is it like "ghetto" or are there like a lot of crimes and stuff?
I know that I will miss Southern California weather a lot. Even though summer is not my favourite season, Australia has nice climate like LA and yeah Tongue

thinking about when to buy my clothes now because I didn't get a job but I feel better!!
[/quote]

you never answered my question Cassie XD

Oh that sucks. One of my aunts is like my second mom, almost. By that I mean that she doesn't buy me all the things I need like clothes and electronics. She only gives me money and food and rides (I'm sure that sounds wrong XD) I lived with her for like 2 or 3 months in 2008. it was cool but she doesn't have any cable so that's really boring and it was a torture. neither does she have a computer.

Re: What are you thinking right now? - 2qewl4u - 15-02-2010 09:50 PM

That's so cool, Cassie! you have 2 homes!

Re: What are you thinking right now? - Cassie - 15-02-2010 10:15 PM

Haha, yeah. =]
And guess what? I can buy the dress! YAYYYY! (:
New clothes for the first time in months. *skips into moonlight*

Oooh, Steven, sorry, never saw that post. ;P

You probably wont get this since it's hard for me to articulate. But I just think you wouldn't sort of cope well with it. Like I probably wouldn't cope so well in the US to be honest. That's not a stab on you, like I said, there are places I'd be out of my comfort zone too.

Just from how you've talked about the US, and how you think the UK is, I think you'll be sort of surprised and I'm not entirely sure you'll like it. I could imagine you enjoying a holiday here, living here not so much. I just don't think it's what you're expecting, and the way you're brought up in the US and how life is over here? Big difference, even if you wouldn't believe it since England and America are often paired up to be similar, as though we're brother and sister or something. Not sure if either of us would feel comfortable if we were to move to each other's ends of the globe.

Re: What are you thinking right now? - bobert26 - 15-02-2010 10:30 PM

Well I think you'd adapt, really. Stuff would be MUCH more expensive in the UK, lol. 

Re: What are you thinking right now? - serp3821 - 15-02-2010 10:32 PM

oh I see. Well I would love to visit the U.K. But not live there permanently like I said.
They say that there is a huge immigration problem in the U.K. So does the US have the same problem.
I would like to say just for like 2-3 months, that's all. Just London and then Scotland with Mike. Not planning in bringing a lot of money. Maybe like $3,000-$2,500 because I'm not planning in wasting it all on clothes and materials. But I do want to have loads of fun.
America might be different to you like you said. There are tensions with illegal immigration and foreigners who don't speak English and that are so "un-American". But the US, like the U.K. is a beautiful place. There are pros and cons. LA has nice beaches, but not all are that nice. The west side and the valley are nice places to be in LA. Don't want to move to South Central or East LA. OC (Orange County & Ocean Side are and have beautiful beaches and towns. Its like and hour away from LA. Check it on Wikipedia, or if you have Google Earth, go there.

Cool. You got a dress. I need more clothes man. Like just a few t-shirts and shirts and I want 3 jumpers and long sleeves. That's all! Big Grin